Phone problems, anyone else?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Over the past 3 days my phone has rung off and on thruout the day. Always a cellphone call. I answer, no one there. I stay on the line, no hang up, the line stays open.
I hang up but I do not get a dialtone back, my phone is dead. The line is still open. No one is there.
It takes several minutes to get a dialtone back. It can't be that so many strangers are randomly butt dialing my phone.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Nope. Do you know someone who might have a grudge against you and some time on their hands? Is it the same caller ID number every time? If it continues, consider contacting your provider.

I am getting the 1:30 AM followed by the 5:30 AM calls of dead air on Sunday (or Saturday night whichever you want to call it) when I have not gotten to bed until 12:30 and have to get up at 6 or 6:30 to do breakfast for guests and can only hope the phone did not disturb guests. Then several times a day get the dead air calls. They are numbers that are "not in service". I have not checked if they are keeping the line open once I hang up - I either roll over or continue with what I was doing already depending on the time of the call.

Nope. Do you know someone who might have a grudge against you and some time on their hands? Is it the same caller ID number every time? If it continues, consider contacting your provider..
It's not impossible to scam the phone numbers that show up on the caller id so I really don't know for sure but they have all been different.

I am getting the 1:30 AM followed by the 5:30 AM calls of dead air on Sunday (or Saturday night whichever you want to call it) when I have not gotten to bed until 12:30 and have to get up at 6 or 6:30 to do breakfast for guests and can only hope the phone did not disturb guests. Then several times a day get the dead air calls. They are numbers that are "not in service". I have not checked if they are keeping the line open once I hang up - I either roll over or continue with what I was doing already depending on the time of the call..
I don't usually check for the dial tone either but these were not usual hang ups where I hear the click on the other end.
At first I thought it was guests who needed directions but now it's just odd.

Call your provider. While I don't begin to know how they do it, there is a scam where they connect through your long distance to call people around the world.

Just catching you up on this...we did call the phone company, they can't do anything (surprise) but advised us to watch our phone bill for 800# calls.
Sure enough, all of these calls were on our 800#. We PAID for these calls. So we are calling the phone company back and asking to have those charges removed. If you have an 800# and have been plagued by these 'silent' calls, keep track of your bill.
Here is more info on why this is prevalent: http://800notes.com/forum/ta-769d4ac0c0701d8/silent-spam-calls-to-toll-free-numbers

Back