Pick your battles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
read the review and response - would perhaps have used the phrase "newly renovated in style and in keeping with our 100 year old house" or something along that lines, emphasizing that an ultra modern look in a 100 year old house would be weird etc - I would also say it was not a question of trouble to refund the card but both exchange rates and transaction costs would be considerable and this charge would have had to be passed onto the guest..
I like the 'in keeping with the age of the house'. That's a keeper!
I never even considered that the exchange rate would be different from what she paid weeks ago. Had I thought of that I could have mentioned it.
you can alter management responses - ie you have to delete it and then put it on again, but it is something to keep in mind - its all about balance, what you want to say is all the things that are important ie you have a modern toilet and not a 106 year old one is key - but the other parts blend naturally with the period of the property - could people who want an ultra modern ikea box please go to XYz - ours is not the place for you.

Back