Plague Bathroom Update

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes the difference of $5 or $10 in the price does the trick, the question is... in which direction. Usually just $5 up does the trick and they find someone else to abuse.
Okay... I'm going to admit two things. It would eat me up inside to steal cans of Coke like that, to me that's really stealing, if the intent was there to be consumed there.
The second is that I am a cheapskate at heart and I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I would pay my own rates :).
Jon Sable said:
Sometimes the difference of $5 or $10 in the price does the trick, the question is... in which direction. Usually just $5 up does the trick and they find someone else to abuse.
Okay... I'm going to admit two things. It would eat me up inside to steal cans of Coke like that, to me that's really stealing, if the intent was there to be consumed there.
The second is that I am a cheapskate at heart and I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I would pay my own rates :)
Re Second: Not if I can help it - best room. I will pay what my budget room is.
Sometimes I have to remember that I should spend a bit more and get a bit more luxury. I'm to LV and I'm spending a whole $55 a night. But last year in Venice, it was over $230 a night. But that was in Venice on the Canal in a beautiful hotel room. Sometimes you just have to splurge.
I want to go to Venice! I'm reading a series of books that take place there. Where did you stay? What did you go to see? This could be next year's trip!
I also want to go to Tuscany. Decisions!
We have not had the Italian tourists this year and I miss them! I love to ask where we should go and so many have invited us to call them when we're coming over.
I forgot to mention that we seem to go in November/December, which is also when the high water is. We have seen St Mark's square underwater a few times, now. :)

The second is that I am a cheapskate at heart and I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I would pay my own rates :).
Jon Sable said:
The second is that I am a cheapskate at heart and I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I would pay my own rates :)
Sometimes I have to remember that I should spend a bit more and get a bit more luxury. I'm to LV and I'm spending a whole $55 a night. But last year in Venice, it was over $230 a night. But that was in Venice on the Canal in a beautiful hotel room. Sometimes you just have to splurge.
I want to go to Venice! I'm reading a series of books that take place there. Where did you stay? What did you go to see? This could be next year's trip!
We have not had the Italian tourists this year and I miss them! I love to ask where we should go and so many have invited us to call them when we're coming over.
I forgot to mention that we seem to go in November/December, which is also when the high water is. We have seen St Mark's square underwater a few times, now. :)
Acqua alta, I was wondering what time of year that was.

Jon Sable said:
Acqua alta, I was wondering what time of year that was.
Yup. We were there on the 1st of December 2008 for 156 cm, about 65% of the city under water. There was no sidewalk to walk on. A gentleman had to go to the airport. He had to buy special shoes made from garbage bags that come to the groin area and walk VERY SLOWLY to get out of the hotel. We couldn't leave the hotel until after 2:30 and we needed to walk everywhere because the transport system had shut down. And there were "walkways" set up everywhere that look like this...
080509_1_venice_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back