Please go do something...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we walked in a room and the first thing that hit me was Cig smell. And the guest for that room had already rang the bell to let us know they were here.
Just ducky.
Luckily, it turned out they had dumped their butts in the trash and that's what I was smelling.
Open the windows. Good to go.
And doused with perfume. I sneezed all thru breakfast..
Madeleine said:
Today we walked in a room and the first thing that hit me was Cig smell. And the guest for that room had already rang the bell to let us know they were here.
Just ducky.
Luckily, it turned out they had dumped their butts in the trash and that's what I was smelling.
And doused with perfume. I sneezed all thru breakfast.
Madeline you are in the wrong business.
You know, this was our year to retire. We were done after 10 years. Looks like I'm still here...
Madeleine said:
You know, this was our year to retire. We were done after 10 years. Looks like I'm still here...
Mine was 3 years ago
I feel for you both. Hopefully you can afford to take some breaks so you do not totally burn out. Actually, I am giving myself the same advice.
wink_smile.gif

Countdown to vacation 15 days.
Ok, yes, I was 'off' for 6 weeks but I spent that painting. This is an actual go away vacation!
Madeleine said:
Ok, yes, I was 'off' for 6 weeks but I spent that painting. This is an actual go away vacation!
That's exciting Maddie! Try no to answer your business calls when on the road.
28 days left before mine! This will be the longest vacation we've taken in 10 years. 3 weeks! WooHoo!! Outta the country. No one can get a hold of me. I'm going on a NoroShip just to show JB they don't have to burn or make you stay in isolation.
wink_smile.gif
I'm headed to Spain via the Azores, Portugal & Gibralter. My first transatlantic crossing.

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
I feel for you both. Hopefully you can afford to take some breaks so you do not totally burn out. Actually, I am giving myself the same advice.
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
28 days left before mine! This will be the longest vacation we've taken in 10 years. 3 weeks! WooHoo!! Outta the country. No one can get a hold of me. I'm going on a NoroShip just to show JB they don't have to burn or make you stay in isolation.
wink_smile.gif
I'm headed to Spain via the Azores, Portugal & Gibralter. My first transatlantic crossing.
Can you hear every accordion ever played in the 1950s playing my song about this right now?

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Can you hear every accordion ever played in the 1950s playing my song about this right now?
It's the Portuguese fado music that gets me every time. Amalia Rodrigues, was and is Queen of the Fado. I've never experienced a more emotional, soul felt music. I'll always remember sitting in a smoky late night fado bar with my 2nd generation Portuguese Mother, hearing for the first time songs that were sung to her in her childhood that she had totally forgotten. So emotional!
Coimra - Amalia Rodrigues

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
It's the Portuguese fado music that gets me every time. Amalia Rodrigues, was and is Queen of the Fado. I've never experienced a more emotional, soul felt music. I'll always remember sitting in a smoky late night fado bar with my 2nd generation Portuguese Mother, hearing for the first time songs that were sung to her in her childhood that she had totally forgotten. So emotional!
Coimra - Amalia Rodrigues
You are too young to have known the reference - every accordion on every talent show played - Jealousy!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
its the best time to go in my opinion - we get uk people trying to go in July its too hot to do anything - April will be light cardigan at the most and you can get round and see things without passing out!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Ahhhh, Maddie....work does not count as vacation. Just because you don't have guests doesn't mean you are a lady of leisure. I find that the few weeks leading up to vacation are the hardest because in my mind I am already away. But reality has a different idea!
How far away are you going? Someplace warm, I hope!
3000 miles. Someplace warm and someplace cool and damp. 2 kids. 2 different homes. And 1000 miles between them, so a leisurely drive from one to the other.
thumbs_up.gif
Have a blast...and come back refreshed. You deserve it!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Ahhhh, Maddie....work does not count as vacation. Just because you don't have guests doesn't mean you are a lady of leisure. I find that the few weeks leading up to vacation are the hardest because in my mind I am already away. But reality has a different idea!
How far away are you going? Someplace warm, I hope!
3000 miles. Someplace warm and someplace cool and damp. 2 kids. 2 different homes. And 1000 miles between them, so a leisurely drive from one to the other.
iPad burped...dup. Post

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
its the best time to go in my opinion - we get uk people trying to go in July its too hot to do anything - April will be light cardigan at the most and you can get round and see things without passing out!
Yes, hoping for some nice spring weather and calm seas! It's a 13 night cruise, so packing for all weathers will be a challenge.

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Sounds like a fun trip! So, you'll still be in town when I drive by in a few weeks! Will take along your number if we really do end up driving by...

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Yes, sail across you won't want your plane to go missing off the face of the earth.

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Sounds like a fun trip! So, you'll still be in town when I drive by in a few weeks! Will take along your number if we really do end up driving by...
Madeleine said:
Is this post meant for me? Are you going to be in my area during your trip????

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Yes, sail across you won't want your plane to go missing off the face of the earth.
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
HA! Sometimes I actually do have good timing!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
It would be a shame if the two of you didn't meet up (half way) if Mads is not driving by you on that interstate. I hope it happens, innmates rock!
thumbs_up.gif

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
Yes you! Will probably be driving right by if we figure out where to cross the mountains between Vegas and Seattle. I think we are taking 395 up the eastern side of CA and will cross over somewhere south of WA. There's also an ex innkeeper in CA who has invited us to drop in for lunch if we head her way. (Need to figure out where 'her way' is!)

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
I think I'll be there after you BD! Beginning of May, I'll be in Malaga, Spain for 2.5 weeks. My brother has been going there for years and will be the tour guide. Super excited about this trip as I've only been to Barcelona to catch a cruise ship! The apartment is right on the beach...will wake up to a view of the Med every morning. Ahhhhhh......
Hoping that maybe we'll take the ferry to Morocco, too.
Have a super time on your trip!!!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
I think I'll be there after you BD! Beginning of May, I'll be in Malaga, Spain for 2.5 weeks. My brother has been going there for years and will be the tour guide. Super excited about this trip as I've only been to Barcelona to catch a cruise ship! The apartment is right on the beach...will wake up to a view of the Med every morning. Ahhhhhh......
We're flying back on May 1st! So close, yet so far.
I really want to get to Morocco, but it's a very long day trip and without a car it just seems like it's not going to happen. Have a really great time! 2.5 weeks basking in the costa del sol...sounds so divine! Tapas a paella....YUM!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
I really want to get to Morocco, but it's a very long day trip and without a car it just seems like it's not going to happen. Have a really great time! 2.5 weeks basking in the costa del sol...sounds so divine! Tapas a paella....YUM!
Yes, BD, we'll just miss each other! Tapas and wine...can't wait!
wink_smile.gif

I don't know how much basking we'll be doing...there's so much that I want to see. There are several road trips on the itinerary - The Alhambra in Granada for one (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). My brother is renting a car since he's there for a month. We're going to have a BLAST!!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

I don't know how much basking we'll be doing...there's so much that I want to see. There are several road trips on the itinerary - The Alhambra in Granada for one (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). My brother is renting a car since he's there for a month. We're going to have a BLAST!!
We're doing a private small group tour to The Alhambra. Be sure to get your tickets way in advance. I've heard stories of people waiting for hours in line and still not getting in.
La Dolce Vida!

Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Just ducky.
Madeleine said:
Mine was 3 years ago
wink_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

We're doing a private small group tour to The Alhambra. Be sure to get your tickets way in advance. I've heard stories of people waiting for hours in line and still not getting in.
La Dolce Vida!
Thanks for the heads up...my brother has it covered! Enjoy your trip...I know I'm really looking forward to mine.
regular_smile.gif

Back