Polite way to hang up?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the "Do you have weekly rates?" as well as the do you have a room tonight? How much? No to the first and the rate to the second usually take care of the call.
I had one tonight that was ready to make the rez. Fortunately, I looked at my online before I took it. Found i have a glitch in my system - it did not change the rate for Private Bath and did not block the third room on a previous rez (I must have taken that one online because I had manually entered the pvt bath rate - my tip-off). I gave the phone numbers of 2 inns in my area that are easy to get to where she wants to go although farther off the Interstate than me. I did a test rez to be certain there is a glitch..
gillumhouse said:
I get the "Do you have weekly rates?"
We get that one too. I want to say "We ain't running a flop house here", but I suggest that a motel would be cheaper, then tell them to Google it.
Or the ever popular,
"Can you recommend another bed and breakfast in the area?"
I ask them how they found us. "On the internet"
Me: Well there may be others listed on the internet, did you look?
What's even funner is the ones that insist they found you on booking engines you don't even use!

I have a "frequently asked questions" tab on my website and I answer tons of questions there. I try to direct guests to that tab. I add to the tab whenever I get questions that need answering that are not already there. Many people don't seem to read ANYTHING on the website but for those that do it is helpful.
Also, a few days before guests arrive I send them lots of local info in an email including driving directions, things to do, tours, places to eat etc. Guests really seem to like this and it saves me lots of time & money because I don't have to print out the info anymore...they have it all in the email I send them.

Back