Pricing Silk Rose Petals On The Bed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea to give them a mix of chocolates. Great idea of storing them with rose scent.
Yes, I fully expect petals to be left in the bedding, under the bed, all over the place. The cleanup is built into the price.
Kind of fun to have a new project. As Mort said, it's not the year for add-ons, but even if only a handful opt for it, it will be fun to offer..
Sometimes the add ons are what gets you selected, even if no one adds them on. It looks like you've considered what your guests might want or need.
There are a couple of add ons that never get selected. That's OK.

You might skip the live flowers - Romance Package could just be the silk rose petals, chocolate truffles and chilled champagne. You could then have everything on hand and not be concerned with obtaining live flowers and the quality.

OK, I visited the local box store and here are my costs. I don't have to pay sales tax since this is for resale and the guest will be taxed on it:
  • 5 oz. bag of Lindor truffles (about 12 candy balls in the bag) $3.78
  • 1 bottle Sparkling Cider $2.88
  • 100 silk rose pedals $0.25
So I have $6.91 in it, plus picking them up at the store, putting them out, on a tray and 2 champagne glasses, pedals on the bed, and cleanup after.
What's a good charge for this? I don't want to gouge people the way hotels do on the wi-fi and minibar, but I need to recoup my expenses and make a little for my trouble. At the same time, I must realize that the charge is not so much based on my costs as it is on what people are happy to pay.

OK, I visited the local box store and here are my costs. I don't have to pay sales tax since this is for resale and the guest will be taxed on it:
So I have $6.91 in it, plus picking them up at the store, putting them out, on a tray and 2 champagne glasses, pedals on the bed, and cleanup after.
What's a good charge for this? I don't want to gouge people the way hotels do on the wi-fi and minibar, but I need to recoup my expenses and make a little for my trouble. At the same time, I must realize that the charge is not so much based on my costs as it is on what people are happy to pay..
At least $20 - 25. You cannot make it too cheap or they will feel cheated (cheap).
I once had a lady want to buy more of the goblets I gave them. Not wanting to gouge, I sold her 2 of them for $5. She was disappointed - I could tell from her face. She would have been much happier paying $10 each - then they would have been special. I had paid 50 cents each at that time (by the time the factory closed they were up to 1.50 each). By charging 2.50 each, they became cheap stuff instead of special.
I learned my lesson from that.

What's a good charge for this? I don't want to gouge people the way hotels do on the wi-fi and minibar, but I need to recoup my expenses and make a little for my trouble. At the same time, I must realize that the charge is not so much based on my costs as it is on what people are happy to pay..
$15?

Which box store? $.25 for silk rose petals? Now I'm thinking about this!
Truffles are 100 for $30 at the local Lindt store. About the same price and you don't end up with a ton left over!

Truffles are 100 for $30 at the local Lindt store. About the same price and you don't end up with a ton left over!
Morticia said:
Box store was Walmart for the candy and cider. Petals came from Amazon. I paid $4.81 for 2000 petals, shipping included. They take a month to arrive so I'm sure they're shipped from China. I'll let you know how they look.

Morticia said:
Box store was Walmart for the candy and cider. Petals came from Amazon. I paid $4.81 for 2000 petals, shipping included. They take a month to arrive so I'm sure they're shipped from China. I'll let you know how they look.
Arks said:
Morticia said:
So did you get petals somewhere else? V- day is Sunday.

Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
No, I don't have any petals yet. I could drive 40 minutes to the big city if I had to, but I don't expect to sell any of the packages for this V-day. Just missed it!

There is no way you want to know what I think about this.
happykeeper said:
There is no way you want to know what I think about this
Oh, I can guess! You don't like picturing romantic stays based on fake flowers and fake champagne. I don't either, but if they want to buy the package, as better than nothing, I'll gladly provide the service.
What's important is the guests having a great stay. Those who can't play like the imitation items are the real thing won't be buying them, so they get the same experience people are happily getting now. But those into fantasy can have their fantasy!

check out the google adds > they are all fake pettles - all set to go!

check out the google adds > they are all fake pettles - all set to go!
I never look at them, but you're right! All fake rose petals.

Left over? IS there such a thing as truffles left over? (munch, munch)

gillumhouse said:
I may be the only person I know who does not like Lindt truffles.
Speaking of which, my SIL does like them, I should go get some for her.

Back