Publicity Tour

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put us on the itinerary! Sounds like fun
thumbs_up.gif

I look forward to seeing these creative innkeepers at work, and am excited to be a part of it.

Hi there! I'd love to speak with you and a few innkeepers about this and write an article for my newsletter, The Innthusiast. For reference, here's a link to the current issue where I interviewed an innkeeper who got a lot of publicity for herself by painting a quilt and participating in a quilt trail: http://www.icontact-archive.com/Sl59-ZYTxF4rBibyK8ynZIMwTeOUP978?w=3 If you're open to it, I thought I could speak with the innkeeper who has the stuffed animal, as well as maybe one or two people who would like to receive the stuffed animal and then I could offer 3-5 suggestions on things you al could do yourselves to get media coverage and stories written about this, if you indeed choose to pursue the idea. I specialize in getting inns into the news and I think has a lot of potential and would make a great story for other innkeepers to see how you came up with the idea. I think what makes this different from the chair is that each inn could add something that the stuffed animal wears on its (hopeful) eventual journey back home. It could return to France with mardi gras beads from New Orleans, for example... if you know in advance who will be receiving it, the stuffed animal could have its own passport. The media is a big fan of the bells and whistles. Hope to hear from you! Maria

Any news on the rattatoueie?
(Spell checker not worth beans on this one, but Generic can fix it for me)

Any news on the rattatoueie?
(Spell checker not worth beans on this one, but Generic can fix it for me).
Yeah, where is the little guy? Ratatouille is a great name! (My spell checker is apparently used to me typing, attempting to type, French.)

Unless I lose my nerve between now and May, I'll be driving my electric car far off the supercharger grid to visit 2-cat lady and see icebergs. I'd be happy to take the little rat on my journey. My trip might be "hybrid" in that if I want to see where the vikings first landed I'll have to rent a gasoline car for a few days to get there. Haven't asked Ms 2 cat whether she has a dryer plug I can use, would be more polite to rent a car at her end of the island also.

Unless I lose my nerve between now and May, I'll be driving my electric car far off the supercharger grid to visit 2-cat lady and see icebergs. I'd be happy to take the little rat on my journey. My trip might be "hybrid" in that if I want to see where the vikings first landed I'll have to rent a gasoline car for a few days to get there. Haven't asked Ms 2 cat whether she has a dryer plug I can use, would be more polite to rent a car at her end of the island also..
What a great trip!

Unless I lose my nerve between now and May, I'll be driving my electric car far off the supercharger grid to visit 2-cat lady and see icebergs. I'd be happy to take the little rat on my journey. My trip might be "hybrid" in that if I want to see where the vikings first landed I'll have to rent a gasoline car for a few days to get there. Haven't asked Ms 2 cat whether she has a dryer plug I can use, would be more polite to rent a car at her end of the island also..
Haha. Just read this and I had to laugh! You could park outside my laundry room window but you'll have to do some research on charging stations across the island. You'd find them in some of the larger centers but there's a lot of nothing from here to there!

Wouldn't that be something if they had a charging station on the ferry?

Hey - big charging station just went in in the state capital. 8 slots, no waiting. Free! That should help a bit in getting to the Maritimes.

Hey - big charging station just went in in the state capital. 8 slots, no waiting. Free! That should help a bit in getting to the Maritimes.
I think she's more worried about getting from the Maritimes to the rock itself.
There are a few destination chargers in the Maritimes, but I don't see anything on the rock itself. But there are EV2 chargers all along the route all the way into the capital. Run by http://suncountryhighway.com/

Enough chargers in Newfoundland. It's just that they're a lot slower. But I'll have to rent a car if I want to see the Viking settlement but it might not be defrosted enough to welcome tourists in mid May.

Enough chargers in Newfoundland. It's just that they're a lot slower. But I'll have to rent a car if I want to see the Viking settlement but it might not be defrosted enough to welcome tourists in mid May..
Innkeep said:
Enough chargers in Newfoundland. It's just that they're a lot slower. But I'll have to rent a car if I want to see the Viking settlement but it might not be defrosted enough to welcome tourists in mid May.
It's kind of amazing, isn't it? We found that going out west. 40 feet of snow in the mountains. Plowing doesn't start until May.

Enough chargers in Newfoundland. It's just that they're a lot slower. But I'll have to rent a car if I want to see the Viking settlement but it might not be defrosted enough to welcome tourists in mid May..
Innkeep said:
It's kind of amazing, isn't it? We found that going out west. 40 feet of snow in the mountains. Plowing doesn't start until May.
We were at Glacier Park in mid-June - they had just opened the pass at the summit. We were there on a private tour by our friends who worked there.

Back