Question with SEO

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I am SO GLAD I came out here and asked before I took my "written for guests" text and screwed it all up trying to work keyword phrases in it. What a wealth of information this site is! I read (late into the night) a number of recent articles related to the new google approach as you guys have spelled out to me here and have a much better grasp on it. I APPRECIATE all of you SO MUCH!
What about page titles, image names and alt tags? Is putting keywords in those areas old school as well - or worse, is it seen as trying to "trick" the crawlers? As it stands right now, all of my image names contain the phrase "tulsa bed and breakfast" with a few letter image identifier at the end. Then I copied the image name and used the same for the alt text. Does all of this need to be changed?.
Page Titles should reflect what the page is about and as you see in Yoast they are limited in characters. Alt text should tell something about the photo. So if is is xxxx bedroom at the treetop mansion. Just a tulsa bed and breakfast won't differentiate it from any other. I use the alt text and description usually the same.
You are way too concerned about things when and I will be blunt here. your current Christmas theme colors are a real turnoff to me. I hope this is not your final design.
The green on the current page menu button is not permanent - it just happened to be a color that showed against the bar until I find the color I will stick with. It will be in the red family keeping with a monochromatic color theme.
Minus the green button - do you see the reds and burgundy's as christmasy? I went with the monochromatic reds as that is the overriding color scheme in the decor in my home.
I don't think those red/pinkish tones are appealing to begin with, and they certainly don't enhance, blend, or co-ordinate with the tones in most of your photos. Sorry.
confused_smile.gif
I agree with the blunt, but knowledgeable EN.

Your photos have themes of deep rich gold, warm browns, some rust, and maybe you could get away with a muted grey-tone green. There are no pink rosy red tones anywhere.
Also the View Details for the ST Suite on the homepage, still goes no where.
Well, %$#@. I tried the gold tones and they looked washed out and/or dull (to me).
I've read that the trend for website color is towards the brighter shades.
What to do, what to do...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Arghhh
Are you locked into using color themes, or can you freely designate? Can you use the color picker eyedropper on some of your photos? The font color you are using for the "Our Accommodations" is great, is that the upper menu bar color as well?
Actually, some of the color tones here on this Innspire site might work if you fiddle with their hue and sat. Again, look at your pix and imagine what color(s) you'd want the mattes to be if you were framing them.
Yes, the "Our Accommodations" font is the same as the menu bar color. And yes - I can freely designate colors. Using the eye dropper color picker is an excellent idea. Funny you mention this website's color - I was eyeing it too...
Also, check out Paletton.com

Back