Redesigning your website?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The badge is there..but the LINK is showing white so unless you mouse over it...you don't see it. Need to /check / redo your custom css.
EmptyNest said:
The badge is there..but the LINK is showing white so unless you mouse over it...you don't see it. Need to /check / redo your custom css
I can't fix something that I don't see! IE, Chrome, FF, Android, Blackberry - all of them show what I think should be there. Hang on, I'm going to try another computer. The other one with the different version of IE and Chrome still shows the entire text inside the box without mousing.
The custom css color for links is the gold color. The code in the box must be overriding it as it is gold when I mouse over it. Loading slowly is more of a dealbreaker than anything else.
So, does anyone else have problems with a TA badge loading slowly? Maybe I should just go get 'new code' it might have changed.
Altering their widget (changing color, removing links...) violates their terms of service you agreed to when you grabbed the widget. Normally there is a minimal chance of getting "caught" but I do know you are in a competitve area with competition who might not think twice about raising an issue.
I didn't even think about that. As it is, it seems the new widget I picked up seems to be working for everyone so I might have had an old one where the code was broken in copying it to the new site.
the tA widget link took on the colors of your site's settings. It was your setting that you changed..not the TA widget one.
Odd that it only changed things for some browsers and not all. I have to wonder what else doesn't look right that looks fine to me! The link code should be the same for this new badge as it was for the old one and I'm seeing it the same way. But everyone else is now saying it looks ok to them where they couldn't see the inn name before.
Oh who knows...I have just about given up trying to figure out browser idiosyncrasies

The badge is there..but the LINK is showing white so unless you mouse over it...you don't see it. Need to /check / redo your custom css.
EmptyNest said:
The badge is there..but the LINK is showing white so unless you mouse over it...you don't see it. Need to /check / redo your custom css
I can't fix something that I don't see! IE, Chrome, FF, Android, Blackberry - all of them show what I think should be there. Hang on, I'm going to try another computer. The other one with the different version of IE and Chrome still shows the entire text inside the box without mousing.
The custom css color for links is the gold color. The code in the box must be overriding it as it is gold when I mouse over it. Loading slowly is more of a dealbreaker than anything else.
So, does anyone else have problems with a TA badge loading slowly? Maybe I should just go get 'new code' it might have changed.
Altering their widget (changing color, removing links...) violates their terms of service you agreed to when you grabbed the widget. Normally there is a minimal chance of getting "caught" but I do know you are in a competitve area with competition who might not think twice about raising an issue.
I didn't even think about that. As it is, it seems the new widget I picked up seems to be working for everyone so I might have had an old one where the code was broken in copying it to the new site.
the tA widget link took on the colors of your site's settings. It was your setting that you changed..not the TA widget one.
Odd that it only changed things for some browsers and not all. I have to wonder what else doesn't look right that looks fine to me! The link code should be the same for this new badge as it was for the old one and I'm seeing it the same way. But everyone else is now saying it looks ok to them where they couldn't see the inn name before.
Oh who knows...I have just about given up trying to figure out browser idiosyncrasies
Hear hear!

Back