Reservation Key property rewards Program?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So would any of you participate in a program like this?.
I've been thinking about this discussion all day. I think it's a grand idea. Lots of good ideas are being kicked around. It's nice to think that there's enough impetus from just the ResKey users, but to garnish the most success it would probably take more properties.
I'm not using ResKey at present, probably won't make the switch until Weberv gets more greedy, due to my personal inertia. I can envision myself paying extra to be listed in that type of rewards program, especially if I could choose my reward.

I have spoken with someone that may be interested in pursuing this endeavor. He is going to speak with his partners. He has ideas on how to make it across the board fair for all / any B&B to participate.
Will report back when I get feedback.

I have spoken with someone that may be interested in pursuing this endeavor. He is going to speak with his partners. He has ideas on how to make it across the board fair for all / any B&B to participate.
Will report back when I get feedback..
I have a complete searchable Data base program ready to be used. I paid over $8000 for it a few years ago. I started a business that never really took off so I shut it down. It would be perfect for this. I would be willing to foot the bill for this and let all of us be a part of it. I want this to work. I agree to let all Bed and Breakfast participate, I think this would be a great way to do it. Thoughts? I am really not interested in having properties have to pay to be on it. I think we pay enough to be listed on the sites we are all on now. Plus we would be giving away the rewards. If thats the route we take. That said, CH bring on the ideas. The more we get the better this will be.

I have a complete searchable Data base program ready to be used. I paid over $8000 for it a few years ago. I started a business that never really took off so I shut it down. It would be perfect for this. I would be willing to foot the bill for this and let all of us be a part of it. I want this to work. I agree to let all Bed and Breakfast participate, I think this would be a great way to do it. Thoughts? I am really not interested in having properties have to pay to be on it. I think we pay enough to be listed on the sites we are all on now. Plus we would be giving away the rewards. If thats the route we take. That said, CH bring on the ideas. The more we get the better this will be.
the only reason I would suggest paying is as I mentioned (not sure if it was on the other thread) as (1) to promote the idea do a bit of marketing and (2) to subsidize the reward for inns that are being hit on a regular basis so they don't pull out due to being abused. ie for every reward given you would get a small amount out of the communial kitty therefore - cos lets face it some particiating bb's might not ever get a rewards person in a year - others might get lots but have earned their points somewhere else just seems unfair.

the only reason I would suggest paying is as I mentioned (not sure if it was on the other thread) as (1) to promote the idea do a bit of marketing and (2) to subsidize the reward for inns that are being hit on a regular basis so they don't pull out due to being abused. ie for every reward given you would get a small amount out of the communial kitty therefore - cos lets face it some particiating bb's might not ever get a rewards person in a year - others might get lots but have earned their points somewhere else just seems unfair.
I did think of that. That was my thinking behind your choice of rewards. More rewards, more reservations. Less rewards, less reservations. Maybe the top rewards collected inn gets a free stay at the property with the inn that collected the least! That would be fun! (just kidding) If you would be having that much business from this, that would be a good thing. I agree, some kind of a kick back would be nice. Maybe free passes to join the rewards club! You could give these to your best customers. Or maybe to family.....I do think it will take a while for this to start having that problem. It's going to take all of us to get it going! Anyone have any good ideas for a name for it?

I'm open to suggestions on this. Would this work better for innkeepers to pay to be on this program? Or the customer. I can see plus and minus to both. Maybe free to everyone until it gets going. Thoughts? Copperhead if you have any ideas let us know. I do think everyone here that is helping build this should be free either way we go.

Back