ResKey question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, speaking of RK, have you seen the lovely new Html editor, that allows for more pro emails and correspondence? A few glitches, but is a big improvement..
He needs to do the same thing with the Website Messages Section. I had to edit some stuff yesterday for a client who doesn't know html codes. It should be a simple fix too.
I pointed out to him that the program (Ckeditor) he is using does have the option to add the standard Cut, Copy, Paste icon tools. I tested them in both Chrome & Windows using their demo. John said he'd maybe try implementing tomorrow.
I guess I assume everyone knows how to copy and paste!!!! Either by shortcut keys or by a right mouse click.
One of basics...but I guess not.
confused_smile.gif

Well, the issue is that the editor he is using uses iframe and subsequently all Right Mouse Clicks are disabled. And yes, you can use Keyboard Ctrl shortcuts, but it's a PITA, plus you have to remember/know what each one is.
I remember the cntrl shortcuts because that is what I first learned. And it is funny when I am training clients when I tell them to use Cntrl A/C/V and they just look at me like WHAT!!!

Hey, speaking of RK, have you seen the lovely new Html editor, that allows for more pro emails and correspondence? A few glitches, but is a big improvement..
He needs to do the same thing with the Website Messages Section. I had to edit some stuff yesterday for a client who doesn't know html codes. It should be a simple fix too.
I pointed out to him that the program (Ckeditor) he is using does have the option to add the standard Cut, Copy, Paste icon tools. I tested them in both Chrome & Windows using their demo. John said he'd maybe try implementing tomorrow.
I guess I assume everyone knows how to copy and paste!!!! Either by shortcut keys or by a right mouse click.
confused_smile.gif

Well, the issue is that the editor he is using uses iframe and subsequently all Right Mouse Clicks are disabled. And yes, you can use Keyboard Ctrl shortcuts, but it's a PITA, plus you have to remember/know what each one is.
I remember the cntrl shortcuts because that is what I first learned. And it is funny when I am training clients when I tell them to use Cntrl A/C/V and they just look at me like WHAT!!!
EmptyNest said:
when I tell them to use Cntrl A/C/V and they just look at me like WHAT!!!
I know. People don't know the most basic things about Windows. I run across people all the time who don't even know how to move a window, or resize it, or even close it! It would take 2 minutes for people to learn those basics, and they'd have it for life, but they won't do it, and their eyes glaze over when you try to tell them.

Yes, and Now I can't just cut and paste the charge part from the RKey email (its a table) to my own receipt in word. Any hints?
John, has added in the editing tools we requested! Check it out!

confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
and my favorite Ctrl S and Ctrl F

Yes, and Now I can't just cut and paste the charge part from the RKey email (its a table) to my own receipt in word. Any hints?
Momma Smurf said:
[h2]
Where is my GIANT SMILEY? Ctrl V here.
regular_smile.gif
[/h2]
This means you can set your CHECK IN TIME TO BIG AND BOLD vs all caps and more. AWESOME!

confused_smile.gif

<blush> When the right mouse key wouldn't work, I didn't investigate further, and didn't even think shortcut keys would work if right click didn't! I just emailed it to myself and did it that way, figuring enlightenment would come from this group in due course.
Ignoramus be me.
confused_smile.gif

edited to say I can now continue in bliss as right click copy/paste has been restored!

confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I know. People don't know the most basic things about Windows. I run across people all the time who don't even know how to move a window, or resize it, or even close it! It would take 2 minutes for people to learn those basics, and they'd have it for life, but they won't do it, and their eyes glaze over when you try to tell them.
I'll bet Arks still uses the command line. I still do c:\myfolder> dir > filelist.txt -- don't know of a windows way to do same

confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I'll bet Arks still uses the command line. I still do c:\myfolder> dir > filelist.txt -- don't know of a windows way to do same
Tom said:
I'll bet Arks still uses the command line.
Yep, but not as much as I used to. I miss DOS, and writing/running batch files...

Back