ResNexus - 43% increase!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How easy is it to transfer all that info from ResNexus to Reservation Key? This is going to be hard I can tell!.
We are planning on switching too, but as our current website won't support Reskey, we have to redo that as well…. so we are waiting for the dead of winter to do it.
Although I totally understand waiting to slower times (we switched to RK in November), looking at your website or anyone's website, all one has to do is create a Check Availability or Book Now button and link it to your RK res page, and voila you are merrily on your way!
Really?!?!!??!!

How easy is it to transfer all that info from ResNexus to Reservation Key? This is going to be hard I can tell!.
We are planning on switching too, but as our current website won't support Reskey, we have to redo that as well…. so we are waiting for the dead of winter to do it.
Although I totally understand waiting to slower times (we switched to RK in November), looking at your website or anyone's website, all one has to do is create a Check Availability or Book Now button and link it to your RK res page, and voila you are merrily on your way!
Really?!?!!??!!
Yes. The reservation page is accessed from your site, but you do the configuration and changes from within ResKey. You can check out our site. And while you're at it, if you would be so kind, please do a test rez all the way up to where you have to card input. Just want to feedback on how easy it is to figure out how to book. Mixed responses from guests. I'm gathering notes for a website spruce up and accommodation addition.

Really?!?!!??!!
Yes. The reservation page is accessed from your site, but you do the configuration and changes from within ResKey. You can check out our site. And while you're at it, if you would be so kind, please do a test rez all the way up to where you have to card input. Just want to feedback on how easy it is to figure out how to book. Mixed responses from guests. I'm gathering notes for a website spruce up and accommodation addition.
Skamokawa said:
And while you're at it, if you would be so kind, please do a test rez all the way up to where you have to card input. Just want to feedback on how easy it is to figure out how to book. Mixed responses from guests. I'm gathering notes for a website spruce up and accommodation addition.
I booked a room on your site and filled in my info right up to the point of putting in card info. Very simple and straight forward, which is definitely what you want when they are sold on the stay and just want to make the reservation. At that point they don't want complications or a lot of extra clicks required. Yours is good.

Really?!?!!??!!
Skamokawa said:
And while you're at it, if you would be so kind, please do a test rez all the way up to where you have to card input. Just want to feedback on how easy it is to figure out how to book. Mixed responses from guests. I'm gathering notes for a website spruce up and accommodation addition.
I booked a room on your site and filled in my info right up to the point of putting in card info. Very simple and straight forward, which is definitely what you want when they are sold on the stay and just want to make the reservation. At that point they don't want complications or a lot of extra clicks required. Yours is good.
Thanks! Must just be more of the reservation, technically, 'accept policies' challenged this year.

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!
Particularly if you are taking payments (deposits) at the time the reservation is made, it's really best to link from your website to your page on the Reservation Key website to make the reservations, so it's done on their secure server. People feel better about entering their charge card info on a secure server, rather than in a frame on a standard website.

It's possible to make your reservation page on the ResKey site look a lot like it's part of your website. Same colors, same images and header stuff, etc.
----------
Edited to add: OK I checked your website and what you have now takes you to a different, secure website for making payment. You would do the very same with ResKey. On your own website they just click a Book Now or Check Availability button, and that takes them to ResKey to enter their info and make the payment.
You can even set it up as you have now, where they enter their dates from your own website, then that info carries over to the ResKey page when they go to make payment.

Really?!?!!??!!
It worked fine after you enter the dates. But if you didn't. It would light up in red to enter dates which was fine except you have to scroll up to do that which it didn't say. I think that is what is throwing people...

Really?!?!!??!!
It worked fine after you enter the dates. But if you didn't. It would light up in red to enter dates which was fine except you have to scroll up to do that which it didn't say. I think that is what is throwing people...
Ah, ha! A clue. :)

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!
Particularly if you are taking payments (deposits) at the time the reservation is made, it's really best to link from your website to your page on the Reservation Key website to make the reservations, so it's done on their secure server. People feel better about entering their charge card info on a secure server, rather than in a frame on a standard website.

It's possible to make your reservation page on the ResKey site look a lot like it's part of your website. Same colors, same images and header stuff, etc.
----------
Edited to add: OK I checked your website and what you have now takes you to a different, secure website for making payment. You would do the very same with ResKey. On your own website they just click a Book Now or Check Availability button, and that takes them to ResKey to enter their info and make the payment.
You can even set it up as you have now, where they enter their dates from your own website, then that info carries over to the ResKey page when they go to make payment.
My hosting company offers free Ssl certificate and then I use the really simple ssl plugin
makes the entire site secure which many now are suggesting for all sites.

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
My hosting company offers free Ssl certificate and then I use the really simple ssl plugin
EmptyNest said:
My hosting company offers free Ssl certificate...
That's great! Mine charges $63/year for it, so for me much better to let ResKey pay for it.

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
I spent last night checking it all out…. So maybe it is going to be easier than we thought! All our problems with our website is in the booking section. Thanks Arks!
regular_smile.gif
Now just to figure out how to get it to hook up Reskey instead of the other….. We still get reservations from our old website when supposed to be dead! All I can figure is that the people haven't refreshed their bookmark/link to our page since we have the same webpage address for the new that we had from the old. Note, I'm not a computer geek…. but I can usually figure out what I want to do.

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
EmptyNest said:
How do I get that and what does that do to Google analytics and anything else that's directed to http, instead of HTTPS?
Will it resolve itself?

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
I spent last night checking it all out…. So maybe it is going to be easier than we thought! All our problems with our website is in the booking section. Thanks Arks!
regular_smile.gif
Now just to figure out how to get it to hook up Reskey instead of the other….. We still get reservations from our old website when supposed to be dead! All I can figure is that the people haven't refreshed their bookmark/link to our page since we have the same webpage address for the new that we had from the old. Note, I'm not a computer geek…. but I can usually figure out what I want to do.
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
If you have your booking on the old site on a particular page you can redirect that page to where you want the guest to go. Or, give them a message page that directs them to 'go to our new site'. Altho most people think they're being scammed when that happens so try to do it behind the scenes.
Because I knew I was going to, eventually, get a new booking system, I direct all 'book now', 'availability', and 'calendar' buttons to one page my site. From there you click again to get to the calendar. That way, when I change, I change that one link on the reservations page.
It's one extra step for the guest, yes, but you can use that page to thank guests for choosing you or whatever you want.

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
Very happy with the folks you (EN) suggested, very nice to work with

Really?!?!!??!!
Duff2014 said:
Really?!?!!??!!

----------
EmptyNest said:
How do I get that and what does that do to Google analytics and anything else that's directed to http, instead of HTTPS?
Will it resolve itself?
You set it up in the control panel. Then once done there, install this plugin on your site
https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/
hmmm I have only just set it up on new sites with on line store or on line reservations but I think through webmaster tools
See this on the support forum for plugin: https://really-simple-ssl.com/knowledge-base/how-to-setup-google-analytics-and-google-search-consolewebmaster-tools/

Here's a copy of my ResNexus rate hike letter. Just received it this morning:
We're adjusting pricing on October 20 2016
Dear Valued ResNexus Customer,
We’d like to take a moment and thank you for making ResNexus your choice for property management and online booking software. We truly appreciate your business.
Adjustments are being made to your ResNexus account due in part to one or more of the following reasons:
- The number of rooms/units used within your account does not match the published rate for your industry.
- The industry determining your monthly, quarterly or yearly rate is incorrect.
- Your account has been receiving a discount as a result of paying your ResNexus bill on a yearly basis.
- You use different ResNexus accounts to manage multiple-properties, and the rate does not match the published industry rate for each property.
- Your property uses the ResNexus + Myallocator connection, and ResNexus no longer charges a monthly "ResNexus Availability Connection Fee"
What is Changing and Why?
ResNexus takes pride in the fact that in over 10 years in business, we have adjusted our rates only twice. The second of which occurred over 2 years ago in June of 2014. At that time our tiered pricing was published on the ResNexus.com website based on industry and rooms/units. We continually strive to be as transparent as possible.
ResNexus is not increasing the price of our software, we are adjusting your account to be consistent with our published rates.
This better reflects the value of the software and also allows us to continue increasing the level of Red Carpet Customer Service. For most customers, this is a modest price increase or no increase at all. For other customers, this is a decrease in pricing. Again, we are adjusting your account to be consistent with the rates we published in June 2014.
IMPORTANT CHANGES:
Your industry is: ResNexus Lodging: Professional
Your published rate for your your industry, based on rooms/sites is $XXX Monthly.
Your previous rate was $XXX Monthly.
There has been an adjustment to your ResNexus + myallocator connection. Your monthly “ResNexus Availability Connection Fee” was removed saving you $9.99 per month.
ResNexus now only charges a "Per Reservation Fee"
The pricing change will not affect your current payment schedule; the change will occur on October 20 2016 when your next payment is due.
Have any questions or concerns? Just reply to this email. We’ll get back to you quickly.
Thank You,
The ResNexus Team
My rate hike was 24%. It's a real convoluted letter, and leaves me with a lot of questions. I've got 3 weddings this weekend, so calling them for clarification and grumbling will have to wait until Monday.

Here's a copy of my ResNexus rate hike letter. Just received it this morning:
We're adjusting pricing on October 20 2016
Dear Valued ResNexus Customer,
We’d like to take a moment and thank you for making ResNexus your choice for property management and online booking software. We truly appreciate your business.
Adjustments are being made to your ResNexus account due in part to one or more of the following reasons:
- The number of rooms/units used within your account does not match the published rate for your industry.
- The industry determining your monthly, quarterly or yearly rate is incorrect.
- Your account has been receiving a discount as a result of paying your ResNexus bill on a yearly basis.
- You use different ResNexus accounts to manage multiple-properties, and the rate does not match the published industry rate for each property.
- Your property uses the ResNexus + Myallocator connection, and ResNexus no longer charges a monthly "ResNexus Availability Connection Fee"
What is Changing and Why?
ResNexus takes pride in the fact that in over 10 years in business, we have adjusted our rates only twice. The second of which occurred over 2 years ago in June of 2014. At that time our tiered pricing was published on the ResNexus.com website based on industry and rooms/units. We continually strive to be as transparent as possible.
ResNexus is not increasing the price of our software, we are adjusting your account to be consistent with our published rates.
This better reflects the value of the software and also allows us to continue increasing the level of Red Carpet Customer Service. For most customers, this is a modest price increase or no increase at all. For other customers, this is a decrease in pricing. Again, we are adjusting your account to be consistent with the rates we published in June 2014.
IMPORTANT CHANGES:
Your industry is: ResNexus Lodging: Professional
Your published rate for your your industry, based on rooms/sites is $XXX Monthly.
Your previous rate was $XXX Monthly.
There has been an adjustment to your ResNexus + myallocator connection. Your monthly “ResNexus Availability Connection Fee” was removed saving you $9.99 per month.
ResNexus now only charges a "Per Reservation Fee"
The pricing change will not affect your current payment schedule; the change will occur on October 20 2016 when your next payment is due.
Have any questions or concerns? Just reply to this email. We’ll get back to you quickly.
Thank You,
The ResNexus Team
My rate hike was 24%. It's a real convoluted letter, and leaves me with a lot of questions. I've got 3 weddings this weekend, so calling them for clarification and grumbling will have to wait until Monday..
My question is about a "per reservation fee"... are they taking a per reservation risk? Why do they think they have a right to money per reservation rather than a flat monthly for their software. They don't create the reservation, they don't fulfill the reservation, they have nothing to do with it.

If you want to keep all the features of ResNexus, ThinkReservations has been a great alternative at a much cheaper price! Only $10 per room per month! Plus, you can have all your historical data imported (for a one time fee). You can't beat their built-in channel manager which updates OTAs in real time. I've never had a double booking since switching!

Many of you all must have let them know they miffed you up as they are calling us to join, they have called twice recently, once again today. I just delete it. Calling an inn peak season, NO SO SMART Reznexus.
We are not going to change online reservation systems or even think about it right now. And besides, we are not silly. And btw when they called me years ago they assumed that all inns in our state know each other and said to me "so and so told them to call me" and I do not know so and so, didn't then, and still don't! So if you have them, don't be surprised if they are calling on your behalf.
Liars never have a place set at my table, sorry. Not saying they are, but if they DID, they wouldn't be welcome.
Rezervationkey.com thank you for your due diligence, we will stick with you! Thanks John and your fantastic support.

Back