Restaurant List

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have approx. 300 places to eat dinner or cafe's - I am not even attempting to keep track of them all!.
I might make it to 200 in just a 3 block radius. There are over 5000 in the city.
Sugar Bear said:
I might make it to 200 in just a 3 block radius. There are over 5000 in the city.
May I remind you we are a population of 5000 in our town?
If I had your number of eateries, I would prob only list my favorites and those walkable that I really liked or had good feedback from. I am actually listing places I would NOT go to. That is a shame isn't it. I have left a couple of the really bad ones off and won't list those. Meanwhile in our nearby small city we have some amazing places that I WOULD recommend.
The issue in that is, when a local finds out and even guests they say "Why are you sending them out of town to eat?" Because I want them happy.
I've been to small towns... and driven into bigger towns for dinner... Too many small towns now only have chain restaurants. Or salt licks, as I call them.
Sugar Bear said:
I've been to small towns... and driven into bigger towns for dinner... Too many small towns now only have chain restaurants. Or salt licks, as I call them.
The Chains would be the better. The way things are now a days...
I am getting hungry with all this food talk. Having a cup of tea... salt licks aye. yep.
Very few of the chains survive around here. One of them is having trouble around here specifically because all the reviews are mentioning it is a salt lick. We just don't consume as much salt in our food and everything they make just seems salty to us.
No chains allowed out here. A few snuck in back in the late '70's before the zoning changed. Lots of clam shacks, and high end foodie restaurants here...locally owned.
I have a stack of new menus from the area restaurants that we like...better get going refreshing those menu books! I don't post them on line but for those guests who have reservations, I do send an e-mail list of our recommendations with links.

Speaking of food...
I shared this one FB today:
Does anyone else love cowboy poetry? Well with the growing number of vegetarians and vegans we encounter here at the B&B, we thought you would get a kick out of this: http://youtu.be/-zfzT7QfLZc

I've passed it on to my vegetarian friends, JB. Good one!

One of our guest told a restaurant owner they should give us a free meal (and they did)! Love when guest look out for the Innkeepers!

Speaking of food...
Does anyone else love cowboy poetry? Well with the growing number of vegetarians and vegans we encounter here at the B&B, we thought you would get a kick out of this: http://youtu.be/-zfzT7QfLZc.
Joey Bloggs said:
Speaking of food...
Does anyone else love cowboy poetry? Well with the growing number of vegetarians and vegans we encounter here at the B&B, we thought you would get a kick out of this: http://youtu.be/-zfzT7QfLZc
heart.gif
this is awesome

On the topic of restaurants...guest told me they have walked out of restaurants if the staff touch the tops of the glassware. Told me this 4-5 times. I wonder did DH touch the glassware wrong yesterday during breakfast.

My number one restaurant cafe gripe (only because I can't see what's going on in the kitchen): when they carry a coffee carafe or pitcher of iced tea around the room giving refills, and touch the spout of the pitcher to the dirty rim of each cup/glass as they refill it, passing who knows what from person to person throughout the place!

My number one restaurant cafe gripe (only because I can't see what's going on in the kitchen): when they carry a coffee carafe or pitcher of iced tea around the room giving refills, and touch the spout of the pitcher to the dirty rim of each cup/glass as they refill it, passing who knows what from person to person throughout the place!.
Arks said:
My number one restaurant cafe gripe (only because I can't see what's going on in the kitchen): when they carry a coffee carafe or pitcher of iced tea around the room giving refills, and touch the spout of the pitcher to the dirty rim of each cup/glass as they refill it, passing who knows what from person to person throughout the place!
and the number one place for food borne illness is from sliced lemons (here in America that we like in our iced tea or iced water to kill the water tap taste/smell). Those same servers who collect the dirty contaminated plates from a table reach into the lemons and put one on your glass or in your water. Sure, they are supposed to use something other than their hands...
JB says "Rethink your lemon"
When I worked for a fireworks company in Tacoma WA there was a gal who would bring her water bottle to the big "Sparkletts" 5 gallon office dispenser throughout the day and refill it. When she walked away there was always RED LIPSTICK on the dispenser nozzle.

My number one restaurant cafe gripe (only because I can't see what's going on in the kitchen): when they carry a coffee carafe or pitcher of iced tea around the room giving refills, and touch the spout of the pitcher to the dirty rim of each cup/glass as they refill it, passing who knows what from person to person throughout the place!.
Arks said:
Reminds me of Mexico, where you only drink from a container/bottle you open yourself. Or risk getting Montezuma's revenge.

After you take the Safety and Sanitation class you don't even want to eat out! (Save Serve)

After you take the Safety and Sanitation class you don't even want to eat out! (Save Serve).
I ask my health inspector where SHE goes to eat in our county. Works for me!
Portland is now known for their food truck 'pods'. There are so many ethic and unusual varieties of foods. She warned me again food trucks, but on that's I'm just going to close my ears and go for it anyway. When you live where I do, ethnic restaurants don't exist. I'm ethnic starved!

When asked where she eats out, our local inspector responds with, "I don't."

Back