Rez_Key Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ResKey doesn't do it automatically. How I have overcome this problem is that I added a box with the question "Have You Stayed with Us Before?". I then added a radio button "Yes" & "No". It's mandatory that they answer this question.
When I get a reservation, I look to see if they answered 'yes' and then I link it up to their previous reservation.
It works well!.
We do the same thing. Breakfast Diva is right, it works well. Just to make sure I always hit the search button to the right of the first guests name and do a manual visual search.
But the fact is the guest are better at remembering if they have stayed here before than ResKey or I am!
An Old Tavernkeeper said:
But the fact is the guest are better at remembering if they have stayed here before than ResKey or I am!
But they won't tell you that every time. They'll say they found you on TA or bb.com or some other thing! Happens here all the time. Their name shows up highlighted as a repeat and they have put down they found us on some website. Hey, peeps, there are perks for being a repeat! Let me know!
You too are completely correct.
We have a lot of people that think checking that they are a return guest will get them something.
I hope John takes a look at how Webervations/Rezovations and some of the others identify return guests. None are perfect but all are better than just ignoring it. It is one of the few real issues with ResKey.

ResKey doesn't do it automatically. How I have overcome this problem is that I added a box with the question "Have You Stayed with Us Before?". I then added a radio button "Yes" & "No". It's mandatory that they answer this question.
When I get a reservation, I look to see if they answered 'yes' and then I link it up to their previous reservation.
It works well!.
We do the same thing. Breakfast Diva is right, it works well. Just to make sure I always hit the search button to the right of the first guests name and do a manual visual search.
But they won't tell you that every time. They'll say they found you on TA or bb.com or some other thing! Happens here all the time. Their name shows up highlighted as a repeat and they have put down they found us on some website. Hey, peeps, there are perks for being a repeat! Let me know!
You too are completely correct.
We have a lot of people that think checking that they are a return guest will get them something.
I hope John takes a look at how Webervations/Rezovations and some of the others identify return guests. None are perfect but all are better than just ignoring it. It is one of the few real issues with ResKey.
thumbs_up.gif

p.s. I would love to be an old tavernkeeper rather than just an old toilet cleaner!

Back