Room reno

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Madeleine said:
Had a repeat guest see their room first time since we redid it (again) and what they said was this, 'wow, did you hire a decorator???'
Yes! I have finally found the 'look'!
So much confidence from that one remark!
awesome! :)

Madeleine said:
Had a repeat guest see their room first time since we redid it (again) and what they said was this, 'wow, did you hire a decorator???'
awesome! :).
Wardrobe for room 7 finally arrived today we had to take off a fire door to get it upstairs mind despite my measuring everything about a million times! new dressing table for 11 has also arrived but have to wait till Thursday to get it in as feel guest might be a bit confused if I change his furniture while he is out for the day!

Madeleine said:
Wardrobe for room 7 finally arrived today we had to take off a fire door to get it upstairs mind despite my measuring everything about a million times! new dressing table for 11 has also arrived but have to wait till Thursday to get it in as feel guest might be a bit confused if I change his furniture while he is out for the day!
See if he notices! haha

Madeleine said:
See if he notices! haha

Madeleine said:
BTDT. Guests did a double-take, but liked the change.

It is amazing, it is what It think of when I think of that area. Well done! Are you going to pull an Anthony now and emulate that same look for all the rooms?
I suppose the answer will be...when the money rolls in. I really like it!.
Joey Bloggs said:
It is amazing, it is what It think of when I think of that area. Well done! Are you going to pull an Anthony now and emulate that same look for all the rooms?
I suppose the answer will be...when the money rolls in. I really like it!
No. Won't be doing the same look in every room. Some rooms just do not want to be 'cottage-y'. They are refusing to play along. One (no photos yet) has decided it wants to be 'elegant'. It was supposed to be another cottage-y look but not happening. It looks elegant. Must be the colors, all chocolate brown and pinks.
The last room is also calling for a more elegant look.
I think there might be an appeal to a different person for the different type of room. Time will tell. We'll see what books this summer. I will say the old room is booking faster than that new one and I'm wondering why. Could be a lot of things.
Altho, looking at a website from a place that is definitely 'beach-y' I totally LOVED the white curtains billowing in the breeze. I wanted to pack up and go right now. Wish I could make that look work here but I just bought all new light blocking drapes! 4 AM sunshine was not making for happy guests.

Back