Slowest December

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My December is much better than last year due to the hockey crowd.
Unfortunately, they had a small fire in their electrical panel last week and the arena is closed until further notice. They figure about a month before they'll be able to make ice again! They've rescheduled to a nearby town, so I hope to get their overflow. Thankfully, the ones that stayed with me absolutely loved their stay and said they would spread the word. Word of mouth is very big here. But I don't want to be busy until the new year. That being said, just got a rez for tomorrow night (sigh), just when I was settling down to my season 9 of Dr. Who that I PVR'd on the weekend. So not happy about that.

Unfortunately, they had a small fire in their electrical panel last week and the arena is closed until further notice. They figure about a month before they'll be able to make ice again! They've rescheduled to a nearby town, so I hope to get their overflow. Thankfully, the ones that stayed with me absolutely loved their stay and said they would spread the word. Word of mouth is very big here. But I don't want to be busy until the new year. That being said, just got a rez for tomorrow night (sigh), just when I was settling down to my season 9 of Dr. Who that I PVR'd on the weekend. So not happy about that..
2cat_lady said:
Unfortunately, they had a small fire in their electrical panel last week and the arena is closed until further notice. They figure about a month before they'll be able to make ice again! They've rescheduled to a nearby town, so I hope to get their overflow. Thankfully, the ones that stayed with me absolutely loved their stay and said they would spread the word. Word of mouth is very big here. But I don't want to be busy until the new year. That being said, just got a rez for tomorrow night (sigh), just when I was settling down to my season 9 of Dr. Who that I PVR'd on the weekend. So not happy about that.
Totally get that! I was planning to shut down this Wednesday and all of a sudden I'm getting NYE bookings!

Best year ever. Room nights were down, but elopements were over the top. Best biz decision I've ever made was to add the elopements/small weddings. More money, less work..
Breakfast Diva said:
Best year ever. Room nights were down, but elopements were over the top. Best biz decision I've ever made was to add the elopements/small weddings. More money, less work.
We had less elopements this year but we did raise our price on them. We are still very happy with this aspect of our business and plan to do more advertising for this aspect of our business in 2016. I agree, more money with less work. Additionally these people are HAPPY when they arrive & leave while still on cloud 9.

Best year ever. Room nights were down, but elopements were over the top. Best biz decision I've ever made was to add the elopements/small weddings. More money, less work..
Breakfast Diva said:
Best year ever. Room nights were down, but elopements were over the top. Best biz decision I've ever made was to add the elopements/small weddings. More money, less work.
We had less elopements this year but we did raise our price on them. We are still very happy with this aspect of our business and plan to do more advertising for this aspect of our business in 2016. I agree, more money with less work. Additionally these people are HAPPY when they arrive & leave while still on cloud 9.
Copperhead said:
Breakfast Diva said:
So true! HAPPY people and that's priceless.

Last year no one in December...19 so far this year. I think it is the weather being so nice so far.

well dec is a mixed bag by us. we usually close the first week and a half and then we are sold out through most of jan.

Normally would expect to be close to full every night for this period between Christmas and the first weekend in the new year due to ski and tubing slopes in our area, this year all but dead due to the warm weather, this whole area depends on that winter business.

Back