Snow Plowing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh great. Woke up to another 1.5" of snow this morning. Our ground has been white here for 2 weeks, and it's getting worse rather than better!
I know, I know, New England tells me I have nothing to complain about. But complain I will. I still have firewood and coffee on hand, though, so I'll make it. Just ready for some spring flowers!.
Bread and Milk! Gotta get the Bread and Milk! They said it is gonna snow! Oh my god! Gotta get the Bread and Milk!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

Oh great. Woke up to another 1.5" of snow this morning. Our ground has been white here for 2 weeks, and it's getting worse rather than better!
I know, I know, New England tells me I have nothing to complain about. But complain I will. I still have firewood and coffee on hand, though, so I'll make it. Just ready for some spring flowers!.
We have FEET of snow on the ground. We don't even bother to report 1.5" of snow. We just go to work. But the more you complain the bigger our smiles... think about that!

But this new 1.5" is on top of 1/2" ice and 1 inch old show. Surely THAT impresses you ;-)

Bread and Milk! Gotta get the Bread and Milk! They said it is gonna snow! Oh my god! Gotta get the Bread and Milk!
Harborfields said:
One of my favorites, and that's exactly how many around here get when the first snow of the year is predicted.

Our schools have been closed or on 2-hour delays for a couple weeks now. Each new snow makes another closing or delay and the severe temps have also been a factor in closings.
It is not that we are not used to snow, it is because there is ice under that snow. There have been so many school consolidations that now almost everyone HAS to ride a school bus. Some counties have only 1 high school. It is so bad they legislation the maximum amount of time kids can be on a school bus each way per day. You may think OK, so they ride a bus. However, the problem is the hills and hollers the buses have to go up & down to get those kids and where they have to turn around - some places are interesting in good weather. We do not have much FLAT in West Virginia and the roads started as animal traces that widened out to paths for the Indians. Then they got a bit wider for wagons and added a couple inches for cars. It is not unusual for a 2-lane road to be 1-lane in the Spring as the rains and underground springs cause the road to have a "slip" down the mountain or into the ravine. And a "lane" here is about a foot narrower than a "lane" in that flat abyss called Illinois.
And bread & milk shelves get cleared here also. That 20 to 30 mile trip to the grocery may not be possible for a week or more. And if the power goes out, it may be as much as a month before it gets back on if you live up the holler.

But this new 1.5" is on top of 1/2" ice and 1 inch old show. Surely THAT impresses you ;-).
Arks said:
But this new 1.5" is on top of 1/2" ice and 1 inch old show. Surely THAT impresses you ;-)
So hard to type response while lying on floor laughing...

I just got back from Florida! I am going to a flower show this weekend to keep my sanity!!!!

Back