So Tired of Making Breakfast... I Need a Second Wind!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I needed some cash, didn't want to go out and I'm not paying $3 to use a damn ATM, so I pulled out some foreign currency and went to the bank to exchange it. And then I realized... I have more in foreign currency that my own local currency. How odd is that.
Oh and the reason that I didn't want to go to the bank? I didn't want to move the car because I have a nice parking spot. Yup.... I'm working alone and I did everything so that I wouldn't lose my parking spot!.
We had cones reserving parking spots for my guests. Thursday night the cones disappear, Friday they are found blocking the driveway of a neighbor to City Hall so people would not try to park in his driveway. We get them back and mark off spots for guests again. Today I was once again asked where are the comes. Huh? They have walked again! Parking is precious when the carnival is in town.

Less than 45 days to go... next and the LAST possible underwear day is 25 days away. Want to make bets that it gets booked? That's it, just ONE possible day off before we go on vacation. Every single other day already has at least one guest booking. (And the day after we return, we are booked already as well.)

Breakfast was my favorite thing to do - it really gave me a chance to be creative - but I totally get where you're coming from. "How can I come up with one more way to cook breakfast foods?" HA!
I recently looked again at the "profit" that I made from this business...pennies compared to the time I put in. Closing was the best thing I ever did because I'd be totally bonkers now otherwise.

Less than 45 days to go... next and the LAST possible underwear day is 25 days away. Want to make bets that it gets booked? That's it, just ONE possible day off before we go on vacation. Every single other day already has at least one guest booking. (And the day after we return, we are booked already as well.).
Sugar Bear said:
Less than 45 days to go... next and the LAST possible underwear day is 25 days away. Want to make bets that it gets booked? That's it, just ONE possible day off before we go on vacation. Every single other day already has at least one guest booking. (And the day after we return, we are booked already as well.)
Would you ever consider blocking that day off so the booking is no longer available? Just give yourself a day off. I imagine that's easier said than done.

Less than 45 days to go... next and the LAST possible underwear day is 25 days away. Want to make bets that it gets booked? That's it, just ONE possible day off before we go on vacation. Every single other day already has at least one guest booking. (And the day after we return, we are booked already as well.).
Sugar Bear said:
Would you ever consider blocking that day off so the booking is no longer available? Just give yourself a day off. I imagine that's easier said than done.
A day or two later, it was booked.
Luckily I think I have my second wind. We ran away for the afternoon one day and came back refreshed a bit.
Now I'm on the phone, they changed our flights!

No good deed... goes unpunished!
Last night I decided to check our flights (35+ days away) and they are booked on points, so the ticket is issued with Airline A but we are flying on Airline B one direction and Airline C back.
So I go to airline A's website, the flight times have changed, slightly. I go to airline B's website, they have changed the flights entirely... by several hours! This means that I have to rush guests out of the house and rush to the airport and we lose of day of pay as well, only to spend HOURS waiting for the connecting flight because the other flight is now an illegal connection by 3 minutes!
So, I called airline A this morning, they rebooked at no extra charge. We are now flying with airline A and connecting to airline D with two connections. We still get there, but we have more time to make it and don't lose a day of pay either. We fly back still on airline C. Airlines B got back 2 seats.

Last night I decided to check our flights (35+ days away) and they are booked on points, so the ticket is issued with Airline A but we are flying on Airline B one direction and Airline C back.
So I go to airline A's website, the flight times have changed, slightly. I go to airline B's website, they have changed the flights entirely... by several hours! This means that I have to rush guests out of the house and rush to the airport and we lose of day of pay as well, only to spend HOURS waiting for the connecting flight because the other flight is now an illegal connection by 3 minutes!
So, I called airline A this morning, they rebooked at no extra charge. We are now flying with airline A and connecting to airline D with two connections. We still get there, but we have more time to make it and don't lose a day of pay either. We fly back still on airline C. Airlines B got back 2 seats..
I had a similar panic yesterday about our trip to Orlando. We booked with airline B, we're flying from the UK with airline A, then B to the US and then an internal flight from ATL with...let's say airline D.
I logged on to airline B's website yesterday to be confronted with a message saying that our flight with airline D had been cancelled and when I checked the flight we'd been switched to it leaves 3h20m BEFORE we land on our incoming flight.
Luckily when I phoned airline B they rebooked me on a flight going exactly the same time as our original flight, the lady said airline D had just changed the number of the flight, nothing else. Panic over.

So, I called airline A this morning, they rebooked at no extra charge. We are now flying with airline A and connecting to airline D with two connections. We still get there, but we have more time to make it and don't lose a day of pay either. We fly back still on airline C. Airlines B got back 2 seats..
I had a similar panic yesterday about our trip to Orlando. We booked with airline B, we're flying from the UK with airline A, then B to the US and then an internal flight from ATL with...let's say airline D.
I logged on to airline B's website yesterday to be confronted with a message saying that our flight with airline D had been cancelled and when I checked the flight we'd been switched to it leaves 3h20m BEFORE we land on our incoming flight.
Luckily when I phoned airline B they rebooked me on a flight going exactly the same time as our original flight, the lady said airline D had just changed the number of the flight, nothing else. Panic over.
Ours was caused by a change in arrival time by... 3 minutes! That's it. Just 3 minutes.
On the other hand, I checked the record for that particular flight and I'm pretty glad that we got another flight... less than 50% of the time it departs on time and the average delay is about an hour. So we had a 50% chance of missing the connection in any case. And I don't think there would have been another flight that night.

Back