Social share buttons

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just install a plugin.... Social Media Feather Plugin in is a pretty well used and lightweight one.
See this "trends" blog post..
EmptyNest said:
Just install a plugin.... Social Media Feather Plugin in is a pretty well used and lightweight one.
See this "trends" blog post.
I was looking for plugins anyone else was using! Thanks!
A lot of what I found wasn't free. I was wondering if a paid version was better.
The SOCIAL MEDIA FEATHER plugin is FREE. Just search for in under your ADD NEW PLUGINS on the Dashboard. It is used by over 100,000! If you look at one called MONARCH I can install that for you if you want it.

See this "trends" blog post..
EmptyNest said:
See this "trends" blog post.
I was looking for plugins anyone else was using! Thanks!
A lot of what I found wasn't free. I was wondering if a paid version was better.
The SOCIAL MEDIA FEATHER plugin is FREE. Just search for in under your ADD NEW PLUGINS on the Dashboard. It is used by over 100,000! If you look at one called MONARCH I can install that for you if you want it.
I'm going to read up on that one. Thanks.

Another speaker said, "Bullet points are out. Lose the bullet points."
You have to know which speaker lines are gems worth keeping, and which ones are garbage worth discarding..
Arks said:
You have to know which speaker lines are gems worth keeping, and which ones are garbage worth discarding.
That speaker needs a bullet.
JBloggs said:
Arks said:
You have to know which speaker lines are gems worth keeping, and which ones are garbage worth discarding.
That speaker needs a bullet.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You KILL me!

Thanks to EN for help getting me started on social sharing. You can take a look on my website and let me know what you think.
Or, test it out! Share something!
I still have to add the share buttons to the photos individually. But I'm still playing.
Testing on mobile appreciated. Do you see anything? On my tablet I only get a small icon I have to click. WHich if I wasn't looking for it I never would have seen it.

Thanks to EN for help getting me started on social sharing. You can take a look on my website and let me know what you think.
I still have to add the share buttons to the photos individually. But I'm still playing.
Testing on mobile appreciated. Do you see anything? On my tablet I only get a small icon I have to click. WHich if I wasn't looking for it I never would have seen it..
OK, someone shared! Thanks! (There is also a stats page to see what's happening.)

Testing on mobile appreciated. Do you see anything? On my tablet I only get a small icon I have to click. WHich if I wasn't looking for it I never would have seen it..
OK, someone shared! Thanks! (There is also a stats page to see what's happening.)
Looks GREAT...you are a quick study :) I just shared your site on FB.

On my iPhone I get a slight shadow area that says share this if you click on it a window shows up and you click on the share link. You can also close it out and it becomes a little share icon on the left of the screen. Looks fine to me.

On my iPhone I get a slight shadow area that says share this if you click on it a window shows up and you click on the share link. You can also close it out and it becomes a little share icon on the left of the screen. Looks fine to me.
That's what I got. Just checking to be sure it's not some big obnoxious blob on a phone.

That's what I got. Just checking to be sure it's not some big obnoxious blob on a phone.
Don't know if anyone is interested in this but I know some of you must use it. https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/05/yoast-seo-vulnerability/
I have moved to All in One SEO for the past year since there have been so many issues with Yoast

Don't know if anyone is interested in this but I know some of you must use it. https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/05/yoast-seo-vulnerability/
I have moved to All in One SEO for the past year since there have been so many issues with Yoast
I got that warning email this morning. Looking at switching from that plugin to another when I have a couple uninterrupted days. Don't want to mess with the seo without paying attention!

I got that warning email this morning. Looking at switching from that plugin to another when I have a couple uninterrupted days. Don't want to mess with the seo without paying attention!
Yeast posted an update today. But yikes, WP just had a security update too!

Yoast had had so many security updates this year
WP always has updates that is normal

Yes, but WP just had a major update at the end of April. Yesterday, got a warning from WordFence that WP was out of date... what, I just upgraded on Tuesday? Turns out WF knew what it was talking about.

OK, thanks for the info. I removed Yoast and installed All in One SEO. Are there any recommended setup changes we should make to the default settings?

Yes, but WP just had a major update at the end of April. Yesterday, got a warning from WordFence that WP was out of date... what, I just upgraded on Tuesday? Turns out WF knew what it was talking about.
Momma Smurf said:
I thought that was strange too! I just upgraded WP to the latest version a few days ago, then yesterday I got a notice, "Your WP has been automatically upgraded to the latest version. No further action is required on your part."

Momma Smurf said:
I thought that was strange too! I just upgraded WP to the latest version a few days ago, then yesterday I got a notice, "Your WP has been automatically upgraded to the latest version. No further action is required on your part."
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
Yes, me too. I get those updates about once a month or when needed. I always double check and everything looked okay.

OK, thanks for the info. I removed Yoast and installed All in One SEO. Are there any recommended setup changes we should make to the default settings?.
Arks said:
OK, thanks for the info. I removed Yoast and installed All in One SEO. Are there any recommended setup changes we should make to the default settings?
Wait, just like that? Is there an import feature to bring all your snippets and seo into the new plugin?

WP updates are good because they are always aware of security needs. Things change constantly. I used to be upset with them because I have over 100 sites to update but if we didn't think what would happen
cry_smile.gif
I have set many of mine to update automatically when it is a security update, but not when there is a rework

WP updates are good because they are always aware of security needs. Things change constantly. I used to be upset with them because I have over 100 sites to update but if we didn't think what would happen
cry_smile.gif
I have set many of mine to update automatically when it is a security update, but not when there is a rework
Yep.
That's my setup too.

Back