"Sorry, we're almost full."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be surprised too. December seems quite a while away to me right now. Must be a very important event.
Our almost full story. Neighbor texts me asking if we have room for his parents for the graduation party this weekend. Sure. We block the room. Late in the afternoon I text him to see when they are expected to check in. "Oh, since it's just one night, we decided to put them up here."
Ummmm, we turned way two couples for our best room.
File under, lesson learned #25..
People are so rude - he should have called as soon as he decided to put them up.
I just had a woman who is from New Mexico that had called us for a reference on a local contractor -- we don't know these people, just gave a good reference to a guy who built this place. She called yesterday saying that she's going to be in town on Memorial Day and her place is rented out. She wanted to do a house swap - I give her a nice room for 2 nights on the holiday weekend and sometime when I decide to visit New Mexico I can stay in her house. First, I have no idea what your house looks like or even where it's located so it may be someplace I would never stay. Secondly, no one even family gets a room here on a holiday weekend for free. And third, right now cash is king as I'm building out a new room with a beautiful spa bathroom that's costing a fortune. So no free room for you lady I've never met who is offering me a two night stay in her house in New Mexico which isn't on my bucket list in the coming few years. She was quite taken aback that I didn't jump at this opportunity. So she then said she was planning a retreat for the fall with a bunch of veterans and she had been planning on checking us out to recommend us to them. So now #4 kicks in - I can fill every room three times over during the fall so this doesn't matter either. She gave me her number and said if I changed my mind on the free nights to call her. A call I know I won't be making.
MtnKeeper said:
People are so rude - he should have called as soon as he decided to put them up.
I just had a woman who is from New Mexico that had called us for a reference on a local contractor -- we don't know these people, just gave a good reference to a guy who built this place. She called yesterday saying that she's going to be in town on Memorial Day and her place is rented out. She wanted to do a house swap - I give her a nice room for 2 nights on the holiday weekend and sometime when I decide to visit New Mexico I can stay in her house. First, I have no idea what your house looks like or even where it's located so it may be someplace I would never stay. Secondly, no one even family gets a room here on a holiday weekend for free. And third, right now cash is king as I'm building out a new room with a beautiful spa bathroom that's costing a fortune. So no free room for you lady I've never met who is offering me a two night stay in her house in New Mexico which isn't on my bucket list in the coming few years. She was quite taken aback that I didn't jump at this opportunity. So she then said she was planning a retreat for the fall with a bunch of veterans and she had been planning on checking us out to recommend us to them. So now #4 kicks in - I can fill every room three times over during the fall so this doesn't matter either. She gave me her number and said if I changed my mind on the free nights to call her. A call I know I won't be making.
How could you turn down such an awesome deal? ;)

I'd be surprised too. December seems quite a while away to me right now. Must be a very important event.
Our almost full story. Neighbor texts me asking if we have room for his parents for the graduation party this weekend. Sure. We block the room. Late in the afternoon I text him to see when they are expected to check in. "Oh, since it's just one night, we decided to put them up here."
Sounds like to me that she was trying to get a close look at the construction worker's work without paying to do it.

MtnKeeper said:
So she then said she was planning a retreat for the fall with a bunch of veterans and she had been planning on checking us out to recommend us to them.
For a discounted rate as she's bringing in all this biz you otherwise wouldn't have gotten...

Back