Speaking of the wrong room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in our slow period, had all the rooms clean where all I would need to do is dust and freshen a bit if we had a reservation.

Went into the room to prepare it for a guest and the toilet seat was up. Grrr! No ghost, no guest... hubby! He had gone in to the room days before to test something and took a pit stop.

He left his fingerprint but at least no real evidence.
wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
...the toilet seat was up...took a pit stop.
At least you've trained him to lift the seat.
My housekeeper always leaves the toilet seats up for some reason, but I've not corrected it because it always serves as a reminder for me to check the toilet when I do my walk-through before each arrival.
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
My housekeeper always leaves the toilet seats up for some reason, but I've not corrected it because it always serves as a reminder for me to check the toilet when I do my walk-through before each arrival.
Anything other than seat and lid closed is a sign it is not clean - here. Since it is my task to clean the toilets, my first task when removing all dirty towels is to lift lid and seat. This keeps me in check.
I triangle fold the TP only after I have cleaned the toilet.
Yes, that is what I do too. If the TP is not folded, the toilet needs attention.
What do you mean----you fold the toilet paper?
Like this...except I like to fold the first sheet up and then make the triangle.
Oh I believe years ago there was a whole thread on this topic and all the beautiful folding techniques of TP
tounge_smile.gif

We are in our slow period, had all the rooms clean where all I would need to do is dust and freshen a bit if we had a reservation.

Went into the room to prepare it for a guest and the toilet seat was up. Grrr! No ghost, no guest... hubby! He had gone in to the room days before to test something and took a pit stop.

He left his fingerprint but at least no real evidence.
wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Anything other than seat and lid closed is a sign it is not clean - here. Since it is my task to clean the toilets, my first task when removing all dirty towels is to lift lid and seat. This keeps me in check.
I triangle fold the TP only after I have cleaned the toilet.
Yes, that is what I do too. If the TP is not folded, the toilet needs attention.
What do you mean----you fold the toilet paper?
Like this...except I like to fold the first sheet up and then make the triangle.
Oh thank you Sliverspoon. I never knew there was so many folds . I am going to do the heart fold for those special anniversaries and weddings.

Back