Stayover Cleaning

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have do not disturb signs that guests can put up if they don't want us to touch up the room. We do go in if we hear a TV running or the A/C on (by the way, on the really hot summer days when they go out for the day I have AC units with timers and I can set it to come back on in 4 or 5 hours so it's off most of the day but the room is cool when they get back). We only touch anything that is going to cause damage. But most guests expect that they will get full service here as that's what others do. Our guests head out just after breakfast and are gone until late afternoon (except for the 20 yrs olds who got married two days ago and really haven't left at all). Just know your market and communicate what the guest should expect.

Do whatever you want to do, you will learn quickly if it wasn't the best route to take. I think most people think they will have daily cleaning unless you let them know ahead of time. Keep us posted!

We clean rooms every 2 days and all guests are OK with it, especially since they take it as an eco friendly business pratice.

We clean rooms every 2 days and all guests are OK with it, especially since they take it as an eco friendly business pratice..
Fontaines said:
We clean rooms every 2 days and all guests are OK with it, especially since they take it as an eco friendly business pratice.
Welcome to the forum Fontaines! You place looks wonderful. I've always wanted to go to the Pyrenees, so I'll keep you on my travel list.

Welcome!
We will be so near on OCT 17,18 (Barcelona) and yet have too little time, but your estate looks wonderful.
We do a light tidy each day now as an added value, but only do major changes on the third day. That has worked pretty well for all.

Welcome!
We will be so near on OCT 17,18 (Barcelona) and yet have too little time, but your estate looks wonderful.
We do a light tidy each day now as an added value, but only do major changes on the third day. That has worked pretty well for all..
Barcelona! I loved it there! You have to walk down "The Rumbla" with all the shops and "figures". (people statues actors) When you drop money into their boxes they will do something. They will pose for pictures with you too. It is total legal and they pay the town for the privilege to be there. If one doesn't have the paperwork, the police send them on their way. Watch out for pickpockets! Well known for it there. The shops barter for the price so don't go with the first price they quote you. The double decker tour buses are a nice way to get around town and learn stuff as you do it. Once you buy a day pass you can get on and off all day long. Enjoy your time there!

We clean rooms every 2 days and all guests are OK with it, especially since they take it as an eco friendly business pratice..
Welcome home!!! Where innkeepers belong!
regular_smile.gif

Back