Stranger things have happened...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noncommittal. He wanted you to hold the room in case he needed it yet he knew he was still calling around.
Sorta like the reservation I got yesterday the address was just street name, no city, state or zipcode. And the CC sec. code was 8 digits.
Sent them an email asking for this data in order to finalize the reservation. Received a reply tonight - sorry, we have to cancel. ..
Copperhead said:
Noncommittal. He wanted you to hold the room in case he needed it yet he knew he was still calling around.
Sorta like the reservation I got yesterday the address was just street name, no city, state or zipcode. And the CC sec. code was 8 digits.
Sent them an email asking for this data in order to finalize the reservation. Received a reply tonight - sorry, we have to cancel. .
Did that come directly? Can you set your rez system to require those fields? And to check the cc field is completely filled in before accepting the rez? Yikes!
It was a direct booking through ResKey.
I can make the address required, and I state full address, including city, state, zip but the system does not check to make sure it is complete.
The Sec code is required. It does not state # of digits etc. This must have been some random # she put in not knowing it should have been 3 for the Visa.
That's a bug. The cc field should have a check on it to be sure it is populated correctly. Note, it could be a totally fictitious number because I'm not sure all the rez systems validate the number but you should get all 15 or 16 digits.
UPDATE RK SEC CODE: With Copper's input along with mine, John has changed the code so that it can be maximum 4 numbers. Although Poppa, who was programmer manager in another life, wonders why it was allowed to be auto-filled with a phone number in the first place; that it may have some sort of tag attached to it. We shall see... at least John was responsive in solving the issue.
Momma Smurf said:
UPDATE RK SEC CODE: With Copper's input along with mine, John has changed the code so that it can be maximum 4 numbers. Although Poppa, who was programmer manager in another life, wonders why it was allowed to be auto-filled with a phone number in the first place; that it may have some sort of tag attached to it. We shall see... at least John was responsive in solving the issue.
Thanks Mamma for being so persistent. I still need to go in and change the wording of what John added, but for the life of me I don't know where to find it. Any ideas? .
Website >Custom Text>System Text, Scroll down alphabetically until you see Sec. Change the wording in the field. For some reason it appears twice. I edited both.

Sent them an email asking for this data in order to finalize the reservation. Received a reply tonight - sorry, we have to cancel. ..
Copperhead said:
Sent them an email asking for this data in order to finalize the reservation. Received a reply tonight - sorry, we have to cancel. .
Did that come directly? Can you set your rez system to require those fields? And to check the cc field is completely filled in before accepting the rez? Yikes!
I can make the address required, and I state full address, including city, state, zip but the system does not check to make sure it is complete.
The Sec code is required. It does not state # of digits etc. This must have been some random # she put in not knowing it should have been 3 for the Visa.
That's a bug. The cc field should have a check on it to be sure it is populated correctly. Note, it could be a totally fictitious number because I'm not sure all the rez systems validate the number but you should get all 15 or 16 digits.
Momma Smurf said:
Thanks Mamma for being so persistent. I still need to go in and change the wording of what John added, but for the life of me I don't know where to find it. Any ideas? .
Website >Custom Text>System Text, Scroll down alphabetically until you see Sec. Change the wording in the field. For some reason it appears twice. I edited both.
Momma Smurf said:
What "text John added" are y'all talking about?

Copperhead said:
Momma Smurf said:
Momma Smurf said:
What "text John added" are y'all talking about?
Well, before John decided he should do some re-coding to limit the Sec to 4 digits, he suggested that we change the custom text for Sec to add: (3 or 4 digits on back of card); but I pointed out that the new AX chip cards have their Sec code on the front now. So Copper and & I are changing to: (3 or 4 digits ONLY).
Which, hopefully is just overkill, if John's re-coding works properly.

Copperhead said:
Momma Smurf said:
Momma Smurf said:
Got it. Thanks! I was on the right page but somehow passed over it.

Latest posts

Back