Stress is...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stress is when a forest fire crests over the hill. And you wonder if it is coming down the hill. Are you next ?
We have fires all around us. Washington smoke is surrounding us. We are getting cancelations . People are scared. News media is not helping .
They have closed the park as the mountain is just so dry. They don't want any cars to drive on the road going up, incase of a fire.
Next business is bad. Three strikes and we are out..
Flower said:
We have fires all around us...We are getting cancelations . People are scared...business is bad. Three strikes and we are out.
You have stress all right. So sorry. Lets hope some rain comes soon!
Thank You all. I do appreciate your good thoughts. So far the winds have pushed back the fire to the other side of the mountain. But fires create their own weather! So I am hoping this will stop but it is fire season now and lots of trees to burn . Which bring snakes, birds running for cover and animals trying to get away from it all. Being an animal lover I feel for them.
My worse fear is lighting!!!! man we don't need that right now that could be .. well Iam trying not to think of that.

Stress is when a forest fire crests over the hill. And you wonder if it is coming down the hill. Are you next ?
We have fires all around us. Washington smoke is surrounding us. We are getting cancelations . People are scared. News media is not helping .
They have closed the park as the mountain is just so dry. They don't want any cars to drive on the road going up, incase of a fire.
Fingers crossed for you.

Oh Flower, you're in such a bad spot right now. I'm so sorry! Above all other things, be safe.

Flower said:
We have fires all around us...We are getting cancelations . People are scared...business is bad. Three strikes and we are out.
You have stress all right. So sorry. Lets hope some rain comes soon!
Thank You all. I do appreciate your good thoughts. So far the winds have pushed back the fire to the other side of the mountain. But fires create their own weather! So I am hoping this will stop but it is fire season now and lots of trees to burn . Which bring snakes, birds running for cover and animals trying to get away from it all. Being an animal lover I feel for them.
My worse fear is lighting!!!! man we don't need that right now that could be .. well Iam trying not to think of that.
Living in tornado country, I think fires are the most scary thing. So sorry you have this to deal with on top of your other challenges this year. Stay safe.

Sending good thoughts your way and hoping that the fire burns itself out before it does more damage.

Stress is when, after eating at another little restaurant in town, they email you and tell you that you are a spy, unprofessional, untrustworthy, etc.
I kept repeating the mantras, not my circus, not my monkeys.
(thought about reposting the message here, but I am trying to not be apart of the drama).
jmj said:
Stress is when, after eating at another little restaurant in town, they email you and tell you that you are a spy, unprofessional, untrustworthy, etc.
I kept repeating the mantras, not my circus, not my monkeys.
(thought about reposting the message here, but I am trying to not be apart of the drama)
Wow! Are you supposed to stay home forever? Maybe next time you go out you need to ask permission. Is it ok if we eat here, we own a restaurant down on the beach.
Ha! I know, we went out last night and I was a little nervous. The sad part was we had been there once before and the lady owner had been so nice to us. But its all starting to make sense, her comments, her thoughts. And now, her sob story of how her daughter in law won't let her son have contact with her...I should have seen the signs.

I am so sorry. I feel your stress, having lived through the same in Colorado the last few years. Not good.
yeppie. The winds shifted this afternoon and the fire went down the other side of the mountain where there are no homes to worry about. We are safe for another day.
This weekend was going to be a special weekend for all. But they had to cancel people coming and close down the provincial park . The mountains are just so dry any spark could set off a fire. We are all crying cause we lost more people staying in accommodations. Oh well it won't matter what we say the media says it all. I am tonight thank full for another day . It is supposed to be much cooler tomorrow so that will help the people fighting fires. Can't imagine there stress level.

I am so sorry. I feel your stress, having lived through the same in Colorado the last few years. Not good.
yeppie. The winds shifted this afternoon and the fire went down the other side of the mountain where there are no homes to worry about. We are safe for another day.
This weekend was going to be a special weekend for all. But they had to cancel people coming and close down the provincial park . The mountains are just so dry any spark could set off a fire. We are all crying cause we lost more people staying in accommodations. Oh well it won't matter what we say the media says it all. I am tonight thank full for another day . It is supposed to be much cooler tomorrow so that will help the people fighting fires. Can't imagine there stress level.
This is good news - thanks for sharing. I've been thinking of you. Visited that area many times when I lived in the PNW and it's hard to see things like this. I'm sorry for the loss of bookings. Does your insurance have a rider for "loss of business income"? I've used that for hurricanes that have affected business, and it was a life saver for me.

This is good news - thanks for sharing. I've been thinking of you. Visited that area many times when I lived in the PNW and it's hard to see things like this. I'm sorry for the loss of bookings. Does your insurance have a rider for "loss of business income"? I've used that for hurricanes that have affected business, and it was a life saver for me.
Yes they do BUT only if I was order out of my home.

Back