TA Business Listing with TripConnect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gulp...I signed up. I've been away from the b&b for a couple of days and will work on the setup of TripConnect.
To Happyone: I will be like you, I do not participate in any other online booking except for our own system. This will be a good test. One I have it up and running with the 'special' (they suggest that you post something, even if it's just free wifi, and you get more exposure).
I'll keep you updated..
I got 2 emails. One telling me about this and the next saying, 'sorry, your online rez system doesn't support this.'
Madeleine said:
...and the next saying, 'sorry, your online rez system doesn't support this.'
I got that e-mail too, but later on in the e-mail I noticed it said "if you don't have a rez system, try ours" so I don't think they actually know what rez system you have. I think it's just a blast e-mail to everybody, and apparently at this point they're telling everybody their rez system isn't registered.

I've started the process, and RezKey is listed as an accepted booking engine, but according to my point of contact at TA, they have not yet completed the information necessary for me to proceed. Meaning John still has something to do. Does anyone know anything before I bother him about it?.
I just filled out the form and ResKey was on the list to choose. We'll have to see what happens next.

I've started the process, and RezKey is listed as an accepted booking engine, but according to my point of contact at TA, they have not yet completed the information necessary for me to proceed. Meaning John still has something to do. Does anyone know anything before I bother him about it?.
I just filled out the form and ResKey was on the list to choose. We'll have to see what happens next.
I just read on RezKey forum that John is starting the connect for TripConnection. So it's not complete yet, but I am assuming TA will email us when it is done and we can continue with our sign up. I'm excited to see where this goes, as no other B&Bs in my town are signed up and I doubt they will, so it should be relatively cheap for me. Will let you all know.

I just read on RezKey forum that John is starting the connect for TripConnection. So it's not complete yet, but I am assuming TA will email us when it is done and we can continue with our sign up. I'm excited to see where this goes, as no other B&Bs in my town are signed up and I doubt they will, so it should be relatively cheap for me. Will let you all know.
Thanks Banana!

TripAdvisor is powerful for some properties and very weak for others.
For us, it is pretty bad : their search engine is appalling compared with that of booking.com and it is very difficult for our property to appear in the results unless typing the name of our small village... Almost no one does it. Result, the fee for the business listing is far too high. Even though my booking engine can connect to TripConnect, I won't do it.
TripAdvisor was "best one first". Now, it is moving to OTA behaviour : pay or disappear.
Yes, looking for & booking a B&B in France is a lot of work. Websites outdated, no booking engine, no credit card guarantee, slow feedback from owners, ... Booking.com is helping good as more and more B&Bs have joined.
It will take time before it improves. Many are still using pen, paper & eraser to help tax evasion.

UPDATE: for ResKey users, check out the ResKey forum and go down to a post on Monday which tells you how to set up ResKey for TripConnect. It's not live yet, but you can do the set up now.

UPDATE: for ResKey users, check out the ResKey forum and go down to a post on Monday which tells you how to set up ResKey for TripConnect. It's not live yet, but you can do the set up now..
Just got mine set up. Thanks for the info!

UPDATE: for ResKey users, check out the ResKey forum and go down to a post on Monday which tells you how to set up ResKey for TripConnect. It's not live yet, but you can do the set up now..
Just got mine set up. Thanks for the info!
thumbs_up.gif

Back