TA call tracking feature

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granite state

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this forum and hopefully also a brand new innkeeper very soon (within the next few weeks). There is so much to learn and this forum has been a valuable resource already.
Yesterday I had a conversation with a webdesign company and they recommended highly to opt out of the TA call tracking feature. This is going in effect tomorrow and people who have a business listing with TA should have received an email about this. According to the company, one can only opt out via this email.
I also found info on rezstream.com about this and the reason why this is important. I just wanted to pass this on, as this might be of interest to the forum.
http://www.rezstream.com/blog/why-you-should-opt-out-of-tripadvisors-new-call-tracking-feature
I am sure that I will have many questions of the next few weeks/month/ years, as we are getting our feet wet.
M

Welcome granite state! I absolutely agree with the webdesign company and Rezstream.
Why would anyone want a phone number out there for you business that you don't own?? Also, NAP (name, address & phone) on your website and every listing you have on the internet needs to be the same.

We went around this block a few years ago. TA is astounded you don't want THEIR phone number on YOUR listing.
Then they'll tell you how many calls you got when you try to cancel. Yeah. They were all me testing the system.
The machine mentions TA before 'transferring' the call to you.

Resorts And Lodges dot com offers this kind of "feature," too. We can't afford it, though ;-)
(and Welcome granite state; although my business is in the pine tree state, I live in the granite state...)

Welcome & Good luck with the new B&B.

We all agree, your own # needs to follow you in all your marketing. I've had several marketing companies try to sell me on a tracking #, it sounds good in theory but not good for your business.

Thank you for the feedback and the welcome! We are lucky, since the current owner opted out of it right away after I mentioned this to him. It doesn't seem to make sense to introduce yet another phone number. There is no way that ppl would go and find the "real" number, once they used the one listed.
There is so much we need to understand right away, since everything needs to be transferred to us - we decided the best way is to do everything the same way, get a handle on how to run an inn and then make changes...

Thank you for the feedback and the welcome! We are lucky, since the current owner opted out of it right away after I mentioned this to him. It doesn't seem to make sense to introduce yet another phone number. There is no way that ppl would go and find the "real" number, once they used the one listed.
There is so much we need to understand right away, since everything needs to be transferred to us - we decided the best way is to do everything the same way, get a handle on how to run an inn and then make changes....
granite state said:
There is so much we need to understand right away, since everything needs to be transferred to us - we decided the best way is to do everything the same way, get a handle on how to run an inn and then make changes...
Good plan. Unless there is something that shows up in reviews that everyone hates.
I'm amazed at what we changed after so many years that we thought was just fine when we opened, but you've got time.
If you're in ski country you'll have all you can do just to get breakfast on the table these next few months. April is generally when you can breathe again.

Welcome to the "brand new innkeeper very soon" !
thumbs_up.gif

I'll add my welcome. I have always benefited from the sage advice of folks I've met on this forum. Hope while you're still in the waiting stage you have a chance to read through some of the threads. The search feature at the top right of the page may help you too.

Latest posts

Back