TA Renewal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our listing when it came for renewal last September it was double amount to over $3000. They did not want to reduce it to anything reasonable so we did not renew. Since than - TA did not try to contact me even once, however I did not notice any change in booking or drop in income. I still have people tell me that they found me on TA and I have 3G in my pocket..
April said:
I still have people tell me that they found me on TA and I have 3G in my pocket.
shades_smile.gif

Our listing when it came for renewal last September it was double amount to over $3000. They did not want to reduce it to anything reasonable so we did not renew. Since than - TA did not try to contact me even once, however I did not notice any change in booking or drop in income. I still have people tell me that they found me on TA and I have 3G in my pocket..
April said:
I still have people tell me that they found me on TA and I have 3G in my pocket.
thumbs_up.gif
Yeah!!!! We don't have a listing either since we can't fathom spending that kind of money without being given a car, camera, etc. in return…. We were quoted a couple thousand by "our new rep" following them now taking reservations. Never knew we had one to begin with!
I don't know how many tell us that they booked through google…. don't have a listing through them either….

In Jan '15 our renewal was £650 (about 900 us) which for a 3 bed B&B in my option is crazy.
So I told my account manager I wouldn't renew. No discount was offered but he did send me a load of bumpf explaining what great value it is.
About 3 days before my renewal I emailed him again to tell him I wouldn't be renewing, they auto-renewed anyway.
I complained to my bank and they took the money back and blocked TA from accessing my account, but my business listing stayed active.
It was that way until Jan '16 when my renewal came round again and they tried various times to take money out of my account, eacm time emailing me to tell me they couldn't auto-renew.
Finally my business listing was de-activated.

Back