Take a look

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question about duplicate pages. If I add another page with all the same info I'm going to end up with problems down the road from Google, right? What's the workaround? Should I just make the 'Rooms' page itself blank and unclickable and add an 'All Rooms' page in the drop down?.
Morticia said:
A question about duplicate pages. If I add another page with all the same info I'm going to end up with problems down the road from Google, right? What's the workaround? Should I just make the 'Rooms' page itself blank and unclickable and add an 'All Rooms' page in the drop down?
You can check how they did it on my website. The 'accommodations' on the bar is not clickable, but it does the drop down menu. The first item on the dropdown says "view all rooms"
That's what I thought I should do. I'll have to fix that tomorrow. I'm beat. (Plus I have to figure out how to make it null.)

In the tables at the bottom of the packages pages, I find the room names VERY hard to read. They don't contrast much at all with the background.
Using IE 10
I'm red/green colorblind. That may be part of the problem.

I would change out the things to do this month with the first line inside the box - they seem redundant as they are. And I love the 'Go here. See this. Do that'.

In the tables at the bottom of the packages pages, I find the room names VERY hard to read. They don't contrast much at all with the background.
Using IE 10
I'm red/green colorblind. That may be part of the problem..
Thanks! That is exactly the issue - red and green. I have been trying to figure out how to override my default link color (red) in those charts. I may just change the default link color altogether so it goes both with the yellow background and the green.

I would change out the things to do this month with the first line inside the box - they seem redundant as they are. And I love the 'Go here. See this. Do that'..
muirford said:
I would change out the things to do this month with the first line inside the box - they seem redundant as they are. And I love the 'Go here. See this. Do that'.
Swap the 2 phrases? "Things to do..." with "Go here..."?

A question about duplicate pages. If I add another page with all the same info I'm going to end up with problems down the road from Google, right? What's the workaround? Should I just make the 'Rooms' page itself blank and unclickable and add an 'All Rooms' page in the drop down?.
yes, could make rooms a null link and then have an all rooms or guest rooms page or whatever

Morticia said:
A question about duplicate pages. If I add another page with all the same info I'm going to end up with problems down the road from Google, right? What's the workaround? Should I just make the 'Rooms' page itself blank and unclickable and add an 'All Rooms' page in the drop down?
You can check how they did it on my website. The 'accommodations' on the bar is not clickable, but it does the drop down menu. The first item on the dropdown says "view all rooms"
That's what I thought I should do. I'll have to fix that tomorrow. I'm beat. (Plus I have to figure out how to make it null.)
easy to do
dashboard
menus
create a custom link
put in a # sign
description: Rooms
add to the menu
drag it up to where the current room page is. delete the old one
done

I would change out the things to do this month with the first line inside the box - they seem redundant as they are. And I love the 'Go here. See this. Do that'..
muirford said:
Morticia said:
muirford said:
get rid of things to do (too ordinary). Put go here above the box.

Wait! Send me the link, it is gone,a vapor. I want to see it, I won't make any comments, I promise. :)

Wait! Send me the link, it is gone,a vapor. I want to see it, I won't make any comments, I promise. :).
Joey Bloggs said:
Wait! Send me the link, it is gone,a vapor. I want to see it, I won't make any comments, I promise. :)
I've sent you the link, but don't tell Mort. ;-)

I was computerless when you posted - so I cannot see it. I bet it is great tho

Back