Temping Generic To Visit Me.... The New Thread

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read these boards almost every day and rarely sign in (mostly because I can't remember my password and needed to request a new one). I'd love for Generic to come visit me so we could discuss travel! I'll be in Thailand in November followed by Cambodia and a quick stop in Qatar on the way home..
Well Generic is going to Italy at the end of October with stops in Israel, Turkey and Greece on his way back. Next is April... Singapore, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Jordan, Egypt and Italy. :)
Gillum House will be traveling to Canaan on the 25th for 3 days. That is Canaan State Park & Resort for Governor's Conference on Tourism. That is about as exotic as it gets. Occasionally we do go to Pennsylvania, Ohio, or Maryland
Well if Gillum House ends up in Northeastern PA, she is more than welcome to stay here.
It is mostly to Pittsburgh or to Little Washington and across back roads to my home area in WV and across the River to my high school town. I grew up an hour from Pittsburgh (even with the 2-lane roads then) and I watched them build the Fort Pitt Tunnel into Pittsburgh. The airport used to be one 2-story building and you went onto the roof to watch the planes takeoff and land. THAT was entertainment.
I'm almost embarrassed to say I've lived here my entire life and have never traveled to western Pennsylvania. Love small town living though...we earned the barbed wire at the top of the drainpipe at the elementary center on the end of our street. We used to scale the pipe and play hide and seek because there was so much equipment you could hide behind!
MtnLodge said:
I'm almost embarrassed to say I've lived here my entire life and have never traveled to western Pennsylvania. Love small town living though...we earned the barbed wire at the top of the drainpipe at the elementary center on the end of our street. We used to scale the pipe and play hide and seek because there was so much equipment you could hide behind!
If it's small town living you want, then Western PA is the place to find it. I grew up in Northwestern PA (1/2 way between Pitts and Erie). Small, small, small!!
On a separate note, I'm coming up on a 'significant' birthday in November. Considering places close by to spend a Fri/Sat. Anyone have any openings for the 2nd weekend in November at a reasonable (Inn-Mate) rate?? I had originally blocked that weekend because we were supposed to go with our daughter to a cheer competition in NJ, but it has been re-scheduled, but I haven't unblocked the rooms yet.

I read these boards almost every day and rarely sign in (mostly because I can't remember my password and needed to request a new one). I'd love for Generic to come visit me so we could discuss travel! I'll be in Thailand in November followed by Cambodia and a quick stop in Qatar on the way home..
Well Generic is going to Italy at the end of October with stops in Israel, Turkey and Greece on his way back. Next is April... Singapore, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Jordan, Egypt and Italy. :)
Gillum House will be traveling to Canaan on the 25th for 3 days. That is Canaan State Park & Resort for Governor's Conference on Tourism. That is about as exotic as it gets. Occasionally we do go to Pennsylvania, Ohio, or Maryland
Well if Gillum House ends up in Northeastern PA, she is more than welcome to stay here.
It is mostly to Pittsburgh or to Little Washington and across back roads to my home area in WV and across the River to my high school town. I grew up an hour from Pittsburgh (even with the 2-lane roads then) and I watched them build the Fort Pitt Tunnel into Pittsburgh. The airport used to be one 2-story building and you went onto the roof to watch the planes takeoff and land. THAT was entertainment.
MtnLodge said:
If it's small town living you want, then Western PA is the place to find it. I grew up in Northwestern PA (1/2 way between Pitts and Erie). Small, small, small!!
On a separate note, I'm coming up on a 'significant' birthday in November. Considering places close by to spend a Fri/Sat. Anyone have any openings for the 2nd weekend in November at a reasonable (Inn-Mate) rate?? I had originally blocked that weekend because we were supposed to go with our daughter to a cheer competition in NJ, but it has been re-scheduled, but I haven't unblocked the rooms yet.
11 is still Vets, but 12 & 13 are open.

This isn't much of an invite, but you know where we live...
Or, we can meet up when you do a big shop in that state to the south. We can get adjoining rooms at the ho hum. ;-).
Morticia said:
Or, we can meet up when you do a big shop in that state to the south. We can get adjoining rooms at the ho hum. ;-)
Not a chance I would stay at the Ho Hum! Not even if you were paying for the room. That includes the La Quinta too. The HIXpress was the one that ran out of breakfast and served biscuits and gravy to people who didn't know what that heck it was. The Courtyard in Williston was decent. Motel 6 ain't happening, and the Fairfield in Colchester had a heating system that made me think that a diesel train was going to run through the room. It is NOT a great hotel city.
Generic said:
Morticia said:
Or, we can meet up when you do a big shop in that state to the south. We can get adjoining rooms at the ho hum. ;-)
Not a chance I would stay at the Ho Hum! Not even if you were paying for the room. That includes the La Quinta too. The HIXpress was the one that ran out of breakfast and served biscuits and gravy to people who didn't know what that heck it was. The Courtyard in Williston was decent. Motel 6 ain't happening, and the Fairfield in Colchester had a heating system that made me think that a diesel train was going to run through the room. It is NOT a great hotel city.
Gomez's new spot is the Baymont. It's closer to the kid. Last time I stayed there we got a suite for $65. There were derelict cars in the parking lot. Apparently the new owners cleaned all that up and renovated the building.
But, yeah, not a good hotel city. And the B&B's are over $200/night. How about the Inn at Essex? That's a bit out there, tho, and it might be pricey. We had our wedding there.

Or, we can meet up when you do a big shop in that state to the south. We can get adjoining rooms at the ho hum. ;-).
Morticia said:
Generic said:
Morticia said:
Gomez's new spot is the Baymont. It's closer to the kid. Last time I stayed there we got a suite for $65. There were derelict cars in the parking lot. Apparently the new owners cleaned all that up and renovated the building.
But, yeah, not a good hotel city. And the B&B's are over $200/night. How about the Inn at Essex? That's a bit out there, tho, and it might be pricey. We had our wedding there.
The Inn is often on hwire/pline for a lot less. Never been at the Baymont... but I'm wary of anything 2*. Not staying at Handy (though Gomez would probably like it). The Hilton downtown in on hwire/pline from time to time and it's a fine hotel.

With a hospital across town and a nursing home within sight, you can have Specific bring you down after surgery and have a relaxing recovery with two innkeepers at your beck and call! Is that tempting enough?.
Here, the hospital is covered. There, I have to pay for it. :)
I meant in case something went wrong not to have the surgery for the hospital… and the nursing home for when I got tired of playing nurse….
shades_smile.gif

Morticia said:
Generic is very specific about where he is NOT going to stay….
Maybe we are going at this the wrong way…. Maybe we should try to get Specific to come down and Generic will be dragged along protesting, to bypass spending another weekend without Specific and with Mort's clientele like what happened on Labor day.
The La Quinta has a barn motif in the elevator. The breakfast muffin actually had sugar listed in the ingredients before flour! And well, I know the housekeepers are short because the top of the mirror was never cleaned.... though I do wonder if they cleaned it after I wrote REDRUM with my finger in the dust.
60131-0.jpg

You will not encounter those problems here since we do not have an elevator and we use ladders when we can't reach…. but if you like to write in dust I will cheerfully dust everything with powder and leave the container for you to check the ingredients and to fix any problems with your artwork.
Your muffins were eaten this morning while my aunt's pride and joy muffin came back to the kitchen.
Thank you for the selfie shot! I will have it printed and framed as soon as I get some time.

With a hospital across town and a nursing home within sight, you can have Specific bring you down after surgery and have a relaxing recovery with two innkeepers at your beck and call! Is that tempting enough?.
I meant in case something went wrong not to have the surgery for the hospital… and the nursing home for when I got tired of playing nurse….
shades_smile.gif

It wouldn't be covered as a pre-existing condition. Once back to health, it's covered, but not during recovery. Besides, it's my job to make Specific miserable while I recover, no?

shades_smile.gif

It wouldn't be covered as a pre-existing condition. Once back to health, it's covered, but not during recovery. Besides, it's my job to make Specific miserable while I recover, no?
After three weeks of traveling around with you pointing out all the bad stuff housekeepers do, a surgery, recovery, etc. You have to get out of the house…. before Specific goes insane! You wouldn't want that to happen now, would you?

shades_smile.gif

After three weeks of traveling around with you pointing out all the bad stuff housekeepers do, a surgery, recovery, etc. You have to get out of the house…. before Specific goes insane! You wouldn't want that to happen now, would you?
Would I? <evil grin>

shades_smile.gif

Would I? <evil grin>
Generic said:
Would I? <evil grin>
< mischief grin > Last guests just checked in! I now have all night to think and dream my response.
Edited: Confession time... I pm "him-that-shall-not be-named" to ask what is the secret to get Generic to go across the border….

Generic will need a vacation from the vacation!
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

shades_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

I always said that if I did not have to go back to work to get rested up from a vacation, I had made a planning mistake. It was our chance to see and do things and not to be wasted on sleeping in.

Dreams Star Luxury Car Transport is committed to provide one of a kind, proficient chauffeur-driven experience. Whether you require business transportation or recreational ground travel, we provide a full scope of spotless vehicles, experienced drivers and a touch of class.(http://www.dreamsstarlimo.com)

Back