Ten Years And Counting.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is wonderful that you still appreciate those first moments and hold their memory dear. We first saw this house just a bit over 26 years ago with the same kind of amazement and daffodils in bloom. We weren't looking for a house but we got so emotional over the beautiful location that we made a full price offer within 30 minutes and sealed the deal. There has not been one second of regret, even though we work out butts off to keep this place going!
Congratulations on many levels. If your relationship has survived inn keeping for that long you are in it for the long haul!
heart.gif
Silverspoon said:
It is wonderful that you still appreciate those first moments and hold their memory dear. We first saw this house just a bit over 26 years ago with the same kind of amazement and daffodils in bloom. We weren't looking for a house but we got so emotional over the beautiful location that we made a full price offer within 30 minutes and sealed the deal. There has not been one second of regret, even though we work out butts off to keep this place going!
Congratulations on many levels. If your relationship has survived inn keeping for that long you are in it for the long haul!
heart.gif
May I ask for your prauers that the same strong emotional connection hits someone looking to buy our B&B.
I am so happy for those who look IN SEASON with the lawn green, the flowers blooming and everything happy. We had some look in winter and it was like "Why bother!" the place looks dark dreary and not anything like it does today, right now. We have an amazing curb appeal, and THAT is what I want to sell them, to clinch the deal!
May I ask for your prauers that the same strong emotional connection hits someone looking to buy our B&B.
I am so happy for those who look IN SEASON with the lawn green, the flowers blooming and everything happy. We had some look in winter and it was like "Why bother!" the place looks dark dreary and not anything like it does today, right now. We have an amazing curb appeal, and THAT is what I want to sell them, to clinch the deal!
[/quote]
Amen and Amen and for Mine too!!!

heart.gif
Although there was no planning in this, just a freak alignment of the stars, our anniversary is the same day that we moved into this house. This year was our 24th, I think a big party might be in the offing for next year.

heart.gif
Silverspoon said:
heart.gif
We viewed this house in February, so a winter sale is not impossible.

heart.gif
Although there was no planning in this, just a freak alignment of the stars, our anniversary is the same day that we moved into this house. This year was our 24th, I think a big party might be in the offing for next year.
Highlands John said:
Is that an invitation? ;-)

Congratulations HJ! The night before we closed on our property my husband and I watched The Money Pit. We laughed until we cried watching it. The next day, after we closed, we took the keys and tried to open the front door. The doorknob fell off in our hands. We both looked at each other in shocked horror, not knowing whether we should laugh or cry! That was 18 years ago and I'm happy to say that we've mostly laughed since.

Congratulations HJ! The night before we closed on our property my husband and I watched The Money Pit. We laughed until we cried watching it. The next day, after we closed, we took the keys and tried to open the front door. The doorknob fell off in our hands. We both looked at each other in shocked horror, not knowing whether we should laugh or cry! That was 18 years ago and I'm happy to say that we've mostly laughed since..
The first time I gave a talk as part of an Aspiring Panel, I opened with, "Have you seen the movie The Money Pit? Watch it." Then I proceeded to tell them why I love it.

Congratulations HJ! The night before we closed on our property my husband and I watched The Money Pit. We laughed until we cried watching it. The next day, after we closed, we took the keys and tried to open the front door. The doorknob fell off in our hands. We both looked at each other in shocked horror, not knowing whether we should laugh or cry! That was 18 years ago and I'm happy to say that we've mostly laughed since..
The first time I gave a talk as part of an Aspiring Panel, I opened with, "Have you seen the movie The Money Pit? Watch it." Then I proceeded to tell them why I love it.
Love that film!!!!! made DH watch it and I refer to it with guests some times!!!!

My first day into our new adventure was a rocky start. We had just had our movers drop off all our furniture and 475 boxes. hubby need some papers so I went looking for them. It is a 5 level house. I started at the top and worked my way down. Finally at the bottom level I came opened up the door. Wow the smell!!! I walked in and followed the smell only to find out the hot water heater had just opened up, IT WAS wall to wall carpet down there. So ran up to top floor screaming for hubby. He came running down. Here it is Sunday and we knew no one in this place. So we ran next door and asked for help. he gave us the phone book and we started to call any number this wonderful young man came right over .He drained the hot water heater and came early Monday morning with a new replacement. . The fellow was the only one that had answered his phone and came right over. Even though it was a Sunday.
then1 week later our pipes broke in the kitchen and spilt water into the the next level ceiling and out the walls onto the bed room floor. then three weeks later the second level kitchen pipes broke and spilled water to the bottom level and out on to the side walk. What a mess. We both looked at each other.. We thought the same thing .What the h #^+.Maybe we should of not bought this place,...After a few months and we were all dried out . We began our new adventure and have never looked back.14 years as of May of this year. We are still going . Maybe as not as fast as we used to be. I think we have maybe a few more years left in us. Then we will be into our 70 years old and maybe this time we will really retire?
H. John congratulations on your tenth year . May you and your lovely wife have many more a years. All the best to you both.
regular_smile.gif

My first day into our new adventure was a rocky start. We had just had our movers drop off all our furniture and 475 boxes. hubby need some papers so I went looking for them. It is a 5 level house. I started at the top and worked my way down. Finally at the bottom level I came opened up the door. Wow the smell!!! I walked in and followed the smell only to find out the hot water heater had just opened up, IT WAS wall to wall carpet down there. So ran up to top floor screaming for hubby. He came running down. Here it is Sunday and we knew no one in this place. So we ran next door and asked for help. he gave us the phone book and we started to call any number this wonderful young man came right over .He drained the hot water heater and came early Monday morning with a new replacement. . The fellow was the only one that had answered his phone and came right over. Even though it was a Sunday.
then1 week later our pipes broke in the kitchen and spilt water into the the next level ceiling and out the walls onto the bed room floor. then three weeks later the second level kitchen pipes broke and spilled water to the bottom level and out on to the side walk. What a mess. We both looked at each other.. We thought the same thing .What the h #^+.Maybe we should of not bought this place,...After a few months and we were all dried out . We began our new adventure and have never looked back.14 years as of May of this year. We are still going . Maybe as not as fast as we used to be. I think we have maybe a few more years left in us. Then we will be into our 70 years old and maybe this time we will really retire?
H. John congratulations on your tenth year . May you and your lovely wife have many more a years. All the best to you both.
regular_smile.gif
man that is some serious jinx! mind you I always think if you can deal with that you can take on anything!

Back