Text reminders from reservation system

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the option! I would also like to have the option whether the option appeared on my form or not!
For late arrivals, I give the guest the option of calling within 24 hrs of stay to get the door code OR receive the code by txt... Most are choosing the txt now. NOW it makes me have an additional task but I don't have (scheduled
cry_smile.gif
) late check-ins that often.

I got two thoughts from John at ResKey on this:
  • I'm really busy right now.
  • People can get e-mail on their smartphones.
So I don't think he's getting that more and more people are more into texts than e-mail these days. I told him to just file it away for the future. Case seems closed for now.

Personally, don't like the idea at all. Any form or fashion. I know people eat live and breath texts, but majority of our guests I don't think are this way.
If I were in a city or green lodging in the wilds with a much younger demographic staying with us, I would do this.
This is from me, the one who won't call the guests to find out where they are. Also, this is from me, if someone called me to find out where I was and when I was arriving I would be put off. So if they texted, it would put me off. I realize they could have a check box to receive a text if they want to, and all that...still don't like it.
Back to my doilies and gnomes....
I am with you.

Personally, don't like the idea at all. Any form or fashion. I know people eat live and breath texts, but majority of our guests I don't think are this way.
If I were in a city or green lodging in the wilds with a much younger demographic staying with us, I would do this.
This is from me, the one who won't call the guests to find out where they are. Also, this is from me, if someone called me to find out where I was and when I was arriving I would be put off. So if they texted, it would put me off. I realize they could have a check box to receive a text if they want to, and all that...still don't like it.
I love technology and use it all the time. I have a Smartphone and it's fantastic. But, I only want to send/receive texts from the people I actually know. I would also be put off by a text from a lodging property. My email comes to my phone, that's enough. And if there's a link in the email to directions or a map, that's OK. I'll keep it on my phone until after arrival.

I am with you.
I don't know - I use a text if I have a room ready earlier than check in and I want to encourage them to check in!
"Your room at The Camberley is ready for check in". people seem to like it and it means i get (hopefully) all of them in and have a nice relaxing evening.
I think partly they think its an automated thing

Back