Thanks Again, Innspiring!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transferring him by ambulance to heart unit in roanoke..
Will get a few of the SOSK that I can remember to start praying. Sorry for the late response - been gone all day with daughter.
Update: The heaviest hitters are on their knees!!

Well done!
thumbs_up.gif

On the other hand we got our first stinky review today. A couple who stayed an HOUR past check out, who were asked if they were nearly ready to check out at 1130am, and left at noon, and so felt the need to say a few comments. If you wait a day or so you can read my response. I didn't go point by point, I hate that, but I did address a few misnomers.
We talk about this all the time here, and you know since I knew who it was it really did not bother me that much, the guy was an a-hole. So he went down the line belittling every single thing he could think of even putting down a restaurant we recommended. Comparing us to a place they stayed that charged $245 a night, and he got the room here for $115 a night, that is $130 LESS STAYING HERE!
She arrived with a bad cold, and then gave it to him. They are saying there are cats in the guest areas.
It is all very humorous. At the same exact time we have a couple here who are BLOWN away by everything, THE EXTREME HOSPITALITY. I hope they review us next, they asked what they could do for us, really they did. I said if you want to go to TA, that would be nice..
Holy cow. Have it removed. They mention other places in the review. Or, not. Maybe make the comparison of a luxury property at $245 with a homey property at half the price.
Sorry. That's just the pits.
"but there was none of the warmth and personal touches you might experience someplace else."
This is a funny part to me.
I don't know what else I can do other than hop into bed with you! But I suppose if i had too many personal touches, that would have been a negative as well. The ceilings are walnut, so yes they are dark wood. I know this, we all know this, we live here. This is what old Victorians are like, they are not covered in windows, they have tall ceilings, tall windows, etc.
That is the one thing people always comment about, that they say we have it in spades!
Okay thanks Mads, I am going to leave it. For those people who say they never trust a place without a bad review, the review stands. It bugs me, but so did he. So it is not a big loss. We are still #1 of 1, haha. I have names should you wish to know them, Youngstown OHIO is the home town. That is what it says on the review ID on TA. So really am I to know who it is? It aint difficult.
I suggested people follow our blog. If you do, you will see that we are personal. I have been on a band wagon of late about PERSONAL. You all know that...
The guy is a real jerk! I just looks at TA terms and couldn't find anywhere that reviewers can't post other properties in their reviews.
I'm sure your response will be on target. I'm sorry he did this, but on the other hand, it's your first bad one and as we've discussed before, it will make your reviews seem more real.
I'm glad in his first paragraph he acknowledged that he wasn't being fair!
Breakfast Nemo said:
The guy is a real jerk! I just looks at TA terms and couldn't find anywhere that reviewers can't post other properties in their reviews.
Well, I didn't see it either when I went looking but I thought it used to say that you couldn't put info about other places in one review.
That's what I remember too, so I went looking and couldn't find it. They must have changed the rule :-(
Life is too short...
i am typing this from the ER where my dad has just been admitted.
Please consider lifting him up in your prayers right now. Thank you. I will touch back later...
you have our prayers as well - if you had been more touchy feely - he would have complained it was too much, those kind of people are never happy
mantra "problem is not with the B&B its with the guest!"
Had a guest check in yesterday use the phrase I hate "this is alright isn't it?" what were you ruddy expecting!

Thank you everyone!
I will be heading over to the hospital (40 minutes away) this morning after I serve these guests and they check out. He has a whole team electrocardiologists or something working on him. He is in good hands. My mother was not understanding "Why can't they just do that here!" at the ER. She is pretty stressed and aging fast. He overdid it, he admits it. He had taken the third nitro pill before he finally said "Take me in".
He had a heart defibrillator/pacemaker installed (surgery) on the 9th. He was to get the staples out today. His heart was racing at 120, and irregular. (So yeah when the guests in the neg review checked out 1 HOUR LATE, there actually WAS SOMEWHERE IMPORTANT I needed to go that day - to the hospital to see Dad after surgery).
They had to zap him last night. And sedate him.
He had severe chin pain, arm pain - both arms, and nausea. He had this prev when his heart was failing a year and a half ago...he just kept saying to the ER Doc last night "Who won? The Cardinals or the Dodgers?" :)
They were going to head West as soon as they could, so having this happen NOW and not on the road driving cross country IS a blessing.
He has another issue as well (health wise) that is not as severe, but adding to it. Bye thank you again, please continue to keep them in your prayers...

So sorry for all this. It sounds like he's in great hands and I know that has to be reassuring. Very true that it's best it happened before the trip home! They're so lucky to have you.

Thank you everyone!
I will be heading over to the hospital (40 minutes away) this morning after I serve these guests and they check out. He has a whole team electrocardiologists or something working on him. He is in good hands. My mother was not understanding "Why can't they just do that here!" at the ER. She is pretty stressed and aging fast. He overdid it, he admits it. He had taken the third nitro pill before he finally said "Take me in".
He had a heart defibrillator/pacemaker installed (surgery) on the 9th. He was to get the staples out today. His heart was racing at 120, and irregular. (So yeah when the guests in the neg review checked out 1 HOUR LATE, there actually WAS SOMEWHERE IMPORTANT I needed to go that day - to the hospital to see Dad after surgery).
He had severe chin pain, arm pain - both arms, and nausea. He had this prev when his heart was failing a year and a half ago...he just kept saying to the ER Doc last night "Who won? The Cardinals or the Dodgers?" :)
They were going to head West as soon as they could, so having this happen NOW and not on the road driving cross country IS a blessing.
He has another issue as well (health wise) that is not as severe, but adding to it. Bye thank you again, please continue to keep them in your prayers....
Prayers will continue

Thank you everyone!
He has another issue as well (health wise) that is not as severe, but adding to it. Bye thank you again, please continue to keep them in your prayers....
Thinking about all of you. Best wishes to your dad.
I hope they tell him that if he has to take the second nitro he'd better be dialing 911 as he pops it!

Thank you everyone!
Be safe you are in my prayers!

Dad is home and doing well. A different part of his heart had the issue, a NEW issue, the defib and surgery he had are working fine. Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers.
heart.gif

Whew! That's a relief. Now he gets lots of TLC :)

Back