Thanks for the help ... NOT

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate this - we have a TINY kitchen if I have not brought plates in its because I have no where to put them - thanks for that. Or people that leave little cereal packets all over the buffet there is a trash can right there!.
I often find the coffee spoon left out. Someone stirred cream into their coffee and left the spoon sitting on the buffet. I am sure that makes sense at home, but here, we have lots of spoons. :)
We remedied this by putting a small round white plate beside the coffee urns and we put a spoon on it when we set it up in the morning. Now all of the used spoons go here instead of on the counter getting everything sticky -- lead the little lambs to do what you want and most will.
MtnKeeper said:
-- lead the little lambs to do what you want and most will.
Oh, but the ones who don't!
The other morning had one more guest who neither remembered me saying the cream is in the glass bottle nor read the sign standing right next to the bottle. Poured a big glass of it. I casually mentioned, as he raised it to his lips, 'that it isn't milk.' He tried to pour it back into the bottle.
We use these..with an additional label on the lid for those who do not read the side. Seems to work well for us.
That's a good idea. It doesn't say, how big is it?
We use a very pretty pitcher, but in the summer, we put it in a bowl full of ice. Not the best method. An insulated pitcher with a label is a great fix.
It's 2L. That's 2.11338 US Quarts and and 1.75975 Imperial (real) Quarts.
Hunt around..they make them smaller. Ours hold about 2 cups each.

I hate this - we have a TINY kitchen if I have not brought plates in its because I have no where to put them - thanks for that. Or people that leave little cereal packets all over the buffet there is a trash can right there!.
I often find the coffee spoon left out. Someone stirred cream into their coffee and left the spoon sitting on the buffet. I am sure that makes sense at home, but here, we have lots of spoons. :)
We remedied this by putting a small round white plate beside the coffee urns and we put a spoon on it when we set it up in the morning. Now all of the used spoons go here instead of on the counter getting everything sticky -- lead the little lambs to do what you want and most will.
MtnKeeper said:
The other morning had one more guest who neither remembered me saying the cream is in the glass bottle nor read the sign standing right next to the bottle. Poured a big glass of it. I casually mentioned, as he raised it to his lips, 'that it isn't milk.' He tried to pour it back into the bottle.
We use these..with an additional label on the lid for those who do not read the side. Seems to work well for us.
We use a very pretty pitcher, but in the summer, we put it in a bowl full of ice. Not the best method. An insulated pitcher with a label is a great fix.
And we put a few of these in the carafe as well...just to keep it ice cold during the hot summer.
We have those. Bet idea ever!!! We use them to chill the juice and milk and the yogurt cups.

MtnKeeper said:
And we put a few of these in the carafe as well...just to keep it ice cold during the hot summer.
We have a large pile of those!

I cringe when they put their nice cloth napkin on their dining plate right into the melted butter and syrup and then for good measure place their side plate and bread plate on top of the napkin just to grind in the stickiness and make more work for us.

I cringe when they put their nice cloth napkin on their dining plate right into the melted butter and syrup and then for good measure place their side plate and bread plate on top of the napkin just to grind in the stickiness and make more work for us..
I was very near replacing all my cloth napkins when a thread was started on the forum about this:
med_Resolve.jpg
They all look great again. Spray the grease stain before putting in wash. I check each one as I'm placing in washer and spray where needed. I go through several refill size bottles in a year, but so worth it.

Helpful guests....???? Was it someone here who had a guest remove all the tags from ALL the linens in the room...with nail clippers?? From the towels, wash cloths, sheets, pillow cases and even the mattress pad??

Helpful guests....???? Was it someone here who had a guest remove all the tags from ALL the linens in the room...with nail clippers?? From the towels, wash cloths, sheets, pillow cases and even the mattress pad??.
Yes, don't remember who, but whoever it is has the pita baton.

Back