The Goodnight Kiss

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish our guests would let us know they're leaving! They bring all the suitcases out to the car at 7 am, eat breakfast and disappear. We never see them again. Did they go out the front door? We don't know.
If we hear them leaving we'll say goodbye. But some of them may be cat burglars in another life they are so quiet!.
Morticia said:
I wish our guests would let us know they're leaving! They bring all the suitcases out to the car at 7 am, eat breakfast and disappear. We never see them again. Did they go out the front door? We don't know.
If we hear them leaving we'll say goodbye. But some of them may be cat burglars in another life they are so quiet!
Put a chime on the door that you can turn on and off.
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
If we hear them leaving we'll say goodbye. But some of them may be cat burglars in another life they are so quiet!
This is what we have for our drive way. You can turn it on/off. Could work at the door.
Copperhead said:
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
This is what we have for our drive way. You can turn it on/off. Could work at the door.
Is the receiver portable? We have an issue that we can't hear the doorbell if we are in the backyard. I was on the lookout for a portable doorbell receiver so we can carry it with us when we are working (or sipping wine) in the back.
TheBeachHouse said:
Is the receiver portable? We have an issue that we can't hear the doorbell if we are in the backyard. I was on the lookout for a portable doorbell receiver so we can carry it with us when we are working (or sipping wine) in the back.
We have one of those for the doorbell because the guests couldn't hear when they rang the doorbell! It's mounted under the stairs outside but it could be portable. Like this.

If we hear them leaving we'll say goodbye. But some of them may be cat burglars in another life they are so quiet!.
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
Copperhead said:
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
Yes, this is portable. I think it is good for 400 feet.

When I see them at breakfast, I generally say, "when you are ready to leave, ring the bell and we'll give you a proper goodbye." (also gives me a chance to remind them what time check out is. Win-win.).
I sat in the dining room today and waited for everyone to leave. Carried out the suitcases and shopping bags. Hugged everyone goodbye.

When I see them at breakfast, I generally say, "when you are ready to leave, ring the bell and we'll give you a proper goodbye." (also gives me a chance to remind them what time check out is. Win-win.).
I sat in the dining room today and waited for everyone to leave. Carried out the suitcases and shopping bags. Hugged everyone goodbye.
thumbs_up.gif

Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
Copperhead said:
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
We have one of those for the doorbell because the guests couldn't hear when they rang the doorbell! It's mounted under the stairs outside but it could be portable. Like this.
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
My parents have one for the basement since we have a den down there.

Back