The great vacation planning escapade

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now planning the sightseeing portion of the adventure. Got an absolutely fantastic app for national parks called 'oh, ranger!' Seriously, best one I found.
Planning to not drive more than 4 hours/day. Finding it difficult to get from the eastern side of OR to the coast. All the directions on Google maps say ' this route contains roads that are closed in winter'. As near as I can tell, 'winter' ends in June..
The park we liked the best in that area was Bryce
Wrong direction... But, yes, gorgeous park!
I found an app for OR for weather and road closures. I think we'll be fine.
We were in Glacier (gorgeous!!) in the middle of June and they had JUST opened the Pass the weekend before we were there. We drove through a tunnel of snow walls.

Now planning the sightseeing portion of the adventure. Got an absolutely fantastic app for national parks called 'oh, ranger!' Seriously, best one I found.
Planning to not drive more than 4 hours/day. Finding it difficult to get from the eastern side of OR to the coast. All the directions on Google maps say ' this route contains roads that are closed in winter'. As near as I can tell, 'winter' ends in June..
The park we liked the best in that area was Bryce
Madeleine said:
Sorry i wasn't here to help the past couple of days. E-mail me if you need any more info.

$25/person fee to book a plane on the phone..
I booked my flights online. After 2 calls and online chat, finally got the answer that since I'm not departing from the same international city, I can't use miles. Jerks! But, instead of paying the major airlines price tag to fly from the UK to Spain, I'm booked on one of the UK airlines that fly between points South all the time. Everything was a la carte (checked bag since I'll be gone a month total, more leg room seat, etc.), but still $1K cheaper than the major airlines price tag. Managed to get my transatlantic flights total within dollars of my dh's flight to-from the same city in the UK. He's working on car rentals for the part of trip we're together...seems like you can now use Price line for rentals in the UK. :)

Back