The Weight - looking for some advice

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start a new habit. My suggestion, a half hour walk, each day, even if you have to drive to a new area each time to do it. Just to get some air and some new atmosphere. Time to think about nothing..
Generic said:
Start a new habit. My suggestion, a half hour walk, each day, even if you have to drive to a new area each time to do it. Just to get some air and some new atmosphere. Time to think about nothing.
Went birding today. It helped.
did you see anything interesting?
TheBeachHouse said:
did you see anything interesting?
Tons! But just the walk was good considering I threw my back out on Monday. I couldn't move all day.
ouch!
I almost never initiate a walk but when someone pushes me into it, it really does help the attitude.
Hope you are feeling better.
Yeah. I was doing something really stupid - brushing my teeth. Snap! I felt it pop right across my lower back. Couldn't stand up straight. Couldn't sit down. Couldn't find Gomez. Tried getting upstairs myself. Yikes!
Back to doing my stretches. Still not going to do any painting or furniture moving this week.
You have to be careful and dark green veg for Iron to help rebuild the damage - I know saying rest is the stupidest thing any of us in this trade can say but just try and move carefully and don't reach for anything or bend for anything without thinking twice first!

Mort, I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now. I was feeling the same way after my mom died 2 years ago. I just couldn't get out of my own way, nothing interested me, and I was tired and uninspired with the B&B. One day I decided to go for a bike ride on the local rails-to-trails with a friend. That changed my life. I hadn't ridden a bike in years but suddenly I felt like a kid again. It didn't change my boredom with work, or my sadness, but it made me feel better physically and emotionally, which made coping easier, and it gave me back my joy. I think it was all about doing something new. Over the past 2 years I've regained that excitement for work (not always) and I've found other interests too. I think it's all about taking time in your life to do things that you love.

Mort, I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now. I was feeling the same way after my mom died 2 years ago. I just couldn't get out of my own way, nothing interested me, and I was tired and uninspired with the B&B. One day I decided to go for a bike ride on the local rails-to-trails with a friend. That changed my life. I hadn't ridden a bike in years but suddenly I felt like a kid again. It didn't change my boredom with work, or my sadness, but it made me feel better physically and emotionally, which made coping easier, and it gave me back my joy. I think it was all about doing something new. Over the past 2 years I've regained that excitement for work (not always) and I've found other interests too. I think it's all about taking time in your life to do things that you love..
Country Girl said:
Mort, I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now. I was feeling the same way after my mom died 2 years ago. I just couldn't get out of my own way, nothing interested me, and I was tired and uninspired with the B&B. One day I decided to go for a bike ride on the local rails-to-trails with a friend. That changed my life. I hadn't ridden a bike in years but suddenly I felt like a kid again. It didn't change my boredom with work, or my sadness, but it made me feel better physically and emotionally, which made coping easier, and it gave me back my joy. I think it was all about doing something new. Over the past 2 years I've regained that excitement for work (not always) and I've found other interests too. I think it's all about taking time in your life to do things that you love.
:)

Back