Tough Love

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing tough about sticking to your policies (wait, yes there is, let me reword that) there is nothing tough about people reserving a room and obeying the guidelines as instructed. Every tom, dick and harry will think they are special and the rules were made for someone else. There is no way you can humanly survive innkeeping if people are allowed to do whateverthehecktheywant any time they want to.
People showing up to check in after midnight makes me one cranky innkeeper, showing up before I have had a chance to even review a guest room, also cranky. With 6 rooms to deal with and you think you are special. There is so much behind the scenes going on and we have to stay on top of all of it, every day.
We don't run prisons, but like any business, you can walk through the door when the business is open for the day. If it is a restaurant that may be 4pm for dinner, not at 9am.

There is nothing tough about sticking to your policies (wait, yes there is, let me reword that) there is nothing tough about people reserving a room and obeying the guidelines as instructed. Every tom, dick and harry will think they are special and the rules were made for someone else. There is no way you can humanly survive innkeeping if people are allowed to do whateverthehecktheywant any time they want to.
People showing up to check in after midnight makes me one cranky innkeeper, showing up before I have had a chance to even review a guest room, also cranky. With 6 rooms to deal with and you think you are special. There is so much behind the scenes going on and we have to stay on top of all of it, every day.
We don't run prisons, but like any business, you can walk through the door when the business is open for the day. If it is a restaurant that may be 4pm for dinner, not at 9am..
the way I have come to see it is this - If I am tired I am cranky so the other 19 guests arn't getting my best service which they have paid for - why should they be short changed?

Back