Towel On The Shower Floor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me clarify... they take a lovely white clean towel and put it on the shower floor to step on while they are showering. It is SOAKED because they showered with it under their feet. The same soaked you sometimes see with facecloths. This isn't NORMAL..
It's normal if they don't want their feet to touch the shower floor and fear of germs....perfectly normal.
cry_smile.gif

I have to say...I have done it a time or two in places I consider dubious.
Thanks for calling my B&B dubious :)

Let me clarify... they take a lovely white clean towel and put it on the shower floor to step on while they are showering. It is SOAKED because they showered with it under their feet. The same soaked you sometimes see with facecloths. This isn't NORMAL..
It's normal if they don't want their feet to touch the shower floor and fear of germs....perfectly normal.
cry_smile.gif

I have to say...I have done it a time or two in places I consider dubious.
Thanks for calling my B&B dubious :)
omg_smile.gif

Some people just don't trust that the floor is removed of germs. There for they use the towel as a matt . Just keeps them from stepping on what they feel is not a clean floor. Try putting a rubber mat rolled up some where. Then people can use if they want. And they won't use your towels for a matt.
to be fair I have had that - used towel as a shower mat - its why we have non slip bath mats in every bathroom especially after DH fell in the shower when we were away
I have rubber treads in the showers, stuck to the floor. I'm not sure how I would do a rubber mat. The shower floors are fiberglass and they are 90 degree corners (so rounded). I'm not sure how one of those mats would fit. Or maybe I have to cut them in two?
But why am I worrying about 2 people in a decade?
Some people are quite afraid of falling in the shower (or tub). I had clear mats that could fit in either place (some of our bathrooms had showers & tubs) and could be easily laundered with the towels, too. So, guests could see that the mats were very clean in case they were also germaphobes.
People do weird things when they are out of their routine element... :)

Some people just don't trust that the floor is removed of germs. There for they use the towel as a matt . Just keeps them from stepping on what they feel is not a clean floor. Try putting a rubber mat rolled up some where. Then people can use if they want. And they won't use your towels for a matt.
to be fair I have had that - used towel as a shower mat - its why we have non slip bath mats in every bathroom especially after DH fell in the shower when we were away
I have rubber treads in the showers, stuck to the floor. I'm not sure how I would do a rubber mat. The shower floors are fiberglass and they are 90 degree corners (so rounded). I'm not sure how one of those mats would fit. Or maybe I have to cut them in two?
Some people are quite afraid of falling in the shower (or tub). I had clear mats that could fit in either place (some of our bathrooms had showers & tubs) and could be easily laundered with the towels, too. So, guests could see that the mats were very clean in case they were also germaphobes.
We roll the mats up and tie a bow around it with ribbon. That way the guests know that it has been cleaned and ready for them.

We roll the mats up and tie a bow around it with ribbon. That way the guests know that it has been cleaned and ready for them.
Good idea!

Well do not worry then you know they were different then most of the people that stay with you. So take it as water off a ducks back.
For us it has only happened once. From then on I have a rubber mat that is rolled up for the people who "feel better about not trusting the shower floor .
I removed my treads as they were not to my liking. To much work to keep clean. I bought a set of leaves that have suction cups on the bottom of leaf. I ripe them off and put then in the sink to soak while I wash the rest of the bathroom. But I also have a matt rolled up for those that wish to use it. Mine have an wide elastic band around them to keep them from opening up.
For heaven sakes I do not trust any hotel and Motel that their tub is germ free or really clean! If these people have usually stayed in a H Or M then they think all accommodations are alike??? Man we have some serious education to do on joe public. Or some people are just plain quirky...

Just thought of something ... could be plantar fasciitis (heel spur) and they didn't bring special shower shoes. I've heard they rolll up the towel and put it under the arch of the foot in the shower or just stand on one to cushion. Then they are leaving the soaked towel in there.

Its only shower not a mate that are taken while taking shower but its never work. http://smartairportparkingltd.co.uk

[h2]
Mobile Shower Bathrooms[/h2]
My company provides Rental Mobile Shower Trucks for many purposes and uses. They are built atop trailers and Right now we have 8 six shower stall units w/ accompanying toilet in use at Coachella. Rubber Mats w/ suction cups are wretched bacteria traps. We use poly-grip sections of smooth surfaced thin foam injected footing grips for entering and exiting the shower station. These are dirty, rotten, sexed up, drug induced rock and rollers... we gotta stay hygienic!

Back