Treats....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we started giving treats only to stay-over guests, in their room, during turn-overs. Not sure how long, since this is a trial.
One night we gave them chocolate bark, another was fudge, another was Voortman cookies and today I'm trying a cereal treat. Trying to keep them small and different for the moment. Individually wrapped. On my list of things to make include brittle and I found a recipe for oreo popcorn that I may try. And I thought that I might buy thing "wafer" cookies and put my own fillings to make them special... the leftover filling from making macaron..
I don't know what voortman taste like, but I would see this in my room and think it was a joke. Sorry. I gave my guest luscious treats like brownies and choc. chip cookies, cheesecake etc. that is what impresses guests.
Empty.... I'm not a high-end establishment with high prices. B&Bs in my area are considered well below hotels. We never advertise treats, it's something that I'm trying. It's coming out of my budget... not something the guests are paying for... I don't get to increase my room rate because of it.

I had some treats left over this summer from something else. I wanted to get rid of them so I put them in the rooms.
Guests liked them fairly well so I bought baskets to put them in.
Now, once/month I order another box.
Crackers, pretzels, a chocolate sweet and licorice. Less than $2/room and a lot of guests only take one item. Nothing homemade because I don't have time or inclination to bake.

We place small bowls of treats in the rooms - usually a couple of little bags of pretzels or goldfish for cocktail hour and a few chocolate truffles. Randomly, when we are recipe testing at night, we will share fresh baked treats in the living room where people are playing cards or board games. It makes the guests feel special that they are getting to test the future menu.
For home made goodies in the rooms for our big family events I have had success with glycine bags of herb spiced toasted nuts.

Nothing in the rooms.
In the living room, we have a candy bowl filled with Werther's originals and Andes mints and a plate of homemade cookies.
In the breakfast room, there are always Fiber One bars, and Belvita cookies. We also leave out the cereals and sometimes a guest will have an oatmeal or Fruit Loops midnight snack.

We keep a large jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans on the serving counter in our dining room. lso a bowl of Hersheys mini chocolates. I use cellophane bags and fill them with trail mix, goldfish, almonds, cashews, rice crackers, dried fruit, etc... guests seem to love them for cocktail hour.

Shelley found a Fall Seasonal mix of those Hershey mini chocolate bars, and miniature Reese's cups we keep in a basket. The problem is trying to stay out of it myself. :)
C

Back