Ugh! Another 4 Eye Review...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I hate?
"So remote, nothing around"---Um, isn't that why you picked us?
"The roads are narrow and winding to the BB"--Um, so is every road in NFLD.
"Pillows were kind of hard"--Um, pillow menu. I can give you hard, medium or soft - or when I mentioned this, you just nodded your head. Was that a yes or a no?
Too bad, so sad.

My last review raved about how great everything was then gave me a "four". *sigh*
Another guest marked me down one for not having a restaurant nearby. I tell folks when they book that the nearest eatery is 20 minutes away. Now I have to get back in the restaurant business to supplement the B&B?

What I hate?
"So remote, nothing around"---Um, isn't that why you picked us?
"The roads are narrow and winding to the BB"--Um, so is every road in NFLD.
"Pillows were kind of hard"--Um, pillow menu. I can give you hard, medium or soft - or when I mentioned this, you just nodded your head. Was that a yes or a no?
Too bad, so sad..
I too am remote but that is what makes it so lovely and quiet when they get here. You can't please everyone. If folks miss the din of the city they need to stay there.
My favorites are the folks that gush about how beautiful and quiet it is here and then drive 45 minutes every day into the city and never once sit on the porch with the lovely view. Their loss, my gain (as in they are gone all day and I get the quiet!)

Glad four-eye reviews with no complaints irritates others like me.

My last review raved about how great everything was then gave me a "four". *sigh*
Another guest marked me down one for not having a restaurant nearby. I tell folks when they book that the nearest eatery is 20 minutes away. Now I have to get back in the restaurant business to supplement the B&B?.
We added dinners after our one local restaurant closed. They are back up and running with new owners but we have kept the dinner option. It gives guests a choice that includes house made and local food.

Glad four-eye reviews with no complaints irritates others like me..
One of the other inns in town received a one-eye review. The written review was nothing but raves! Everything was perfect or better. But one eye. sigh.
TheBeachHouse said:
One of the other inns in town received a one-eye review. The written review was nothing but raves! Everything was perfect or better. But one eye. sigh.
I got that awhile ago. She loved everything (she comes back every year!) but she does not know how to do reviews. So, everything perfect right down to the pillows and overall one eye.

Glad four-eye reviews with no complaints irritates others like me..
TheBeachHouse said:
I got that awhile ago. She loved everything (she comes back every year!) but she does not know how to do reviews. So, everything perfect right down to the pillows and overall one eye.
It's time to educate her. Nicely comment in an email how much you love her reviews. And somehow let her know that a 5 is tops and a 1 is the bottom of the pile…..

Another guest marked me down one for not having a restaurant nearby. I tell folks when they book that the nearest eatery is 20 minutes away. Now I have to get back in the restaurant business to supplement the B&B?.
We added dinners after our one local restaurant closed. They are back up and running with new owners but we have kept the dinner option. It gives guests a choice that includes house made and local food.
I would fall down in an exhausted death if I did both breakfast and dinner. Impressed.

I just went through my junk email. I clicked yes on the one from TA if I wanted to get updates on Generic's Lodge. (So I'm stalking you!
wink_smile.gif
) Good news is you have your half eye back!
Edited: It's claim that you are 4.5

I would fall down in an exhausted death if I did both breakfast and dinner. Impressed.
I frequently felt like I was back in long ago restaurant work when I did MANY dinners last summer, and not getting out of the kitchen until after 9p, not so many this summer, so manageable.

We do crab suppers six nights a week. We have at least one to do those nights--some nights it's all four rooms. It was a matter of self preservation since we seem to be awash in a sea of fast food and restaurants that close early. We serve up until 7 and then they can linger over their meal while we say adieu and ask them to leave all their dirty dishes on a tray in the dining room. They bring their own libations and they don't have to drive anywhere. Especially useful during inclement weather. I send an email about two weeks ahead of their stay and ask them to book ahead. We can also do it with about two hours notice. People love it and we get many commenting on it on our TA reviews.

I just went through my junk email. I clicked yes on the one from TA if I wanted to get updates on Generic's Lodge. (So I'm stalking you!
wink_smile.gif
Edited: It's claim that you are 4.5.
I want my last half eye back. The last time TA sent me a certificate missing half an eye, it instantly went into the recycling bin. Either 5 eyes or trash.

wink_smile.gif
Edited: It's claim that you are 4.5.
I want my last half eye back. The last time TA sent me a certificate missing half an eye, it instantly went into the recycling bin. Either 5 eyes or trash.
Generic said:
Yes. It must be that way. If you don't have all 5 eyes, you just don't go there.

Back