Unprecidented winter

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby and our very favorite handyman put the chimney back together yesterday. We had a fire last night! So happy to have it back. Temps are in the high 40s. Snow and ice are melting and we are expecting rain. There could be more flooding in the area. But it's nice to have the deep freeze behind us..
Yup, 56 out here today! Snow is gone and it felt like a spring day. Washed all the salt spray off east facing windows and took a walk with DH. Life is good! Glad you got your chimney put back together....you know these temps won’t last!
Snow is gone? Wow! I've still got a few feet here!
We have gotten mostly rain so far this winter with just a dusting of snow here and there. 50 degree ocean water all around us means the snow we do get usually melts quickly. We are sort of like Burmuda...
shades_smile.gif

It is so foggy right now I can't see outside. Must be really warm.
Our thermometer says 58 here!

Hubby and our very favorite handyman put the chimney back together yesterday. We had a fire last night! So happy to have it back. Temps are in the high 40s. Snow and ice are melting and we are expecting rain. There could be more flooding in the area. But it's nice to have the deep freeze behind us..
Yup, 56 out here today! Snow is gone and it felt like a spring day. Washed all the salt spray off east facing windows and took a walk with DH. Life is good! Glad you got your chimney put back together....you know these temps won’t last!
We have gotten mostly rain so far this winter with just a dusting of snow here and there. 50 degree ocean water all around us means the snow we do get usually melts quickly. We are sort of like Burmuda...
shades_smile.gif

I watched for the sunrise from the train this morning (I try to make the best of the commute.) No sunrise. Just fog. Really gloomy. But nice and warm A welcome break. Saturday night will be frigid. But good for now.
Speaking of Saturday night - Go Pats!!

shades_smile.gif

If my thermometer said 58, we would all be inside trying to shelter ourselves from the sweltering heat. (#OneCountryStillNotMetric)

shades_smile.gif

If my thermometer said 58, we would all be inside trying to shelter ourselves from the sweltering heat. (#OneCountryStillNotMetric)

shades_smile.gif

LOL, yes but we are heading that way...
"The 134 °F reading was officially reinstated as the world's most extreme high temperature after the World Meteorological Organization examined the records. The WMO concluded that a September 13 1922 measurement of 136.4 degrees F (58 °C) in El Azizia, Libya resulted from errors, rather than exceptional heat. In September 2012, the WMO World Archive of Weather and Climate Extremes announced that Death Valley's record instead stood as the earth's highest surface temperature ever officially observed."

All my snow has melted. Just back from 3-nights in Gaithersburg - with temps here in the 50s and almost 60 one day so it was safe to go (water lines would not freeze). Steady rain here now with temps plummeting. Snow and ice predicted tomorrow - I got a call on the way home from the Catholic Church in town, they are closing the Chapel tomorrow due to expected ice so stay home. Predicting 6 for Saturday night and 8 for Sunday night. Tuesday is expected to go down to 1 but expected to be back to the 30s overnight the next weekend when I will be gone for another Conference. Timing is everything!

Back