Update on Me, and Question on Square

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second Act, glad you found something you love doing!
For processing, reg. processors vs Square would depend on the ave amount you process monthly to determine which will be better for you. Since the business has always been cash, it will take time before people get accustomed to paying by CC.
Some businesses around here charge a fee for using a CC. They have a sign that says they prefer cash but for a convenience fee of 3% we will accept ..............
This is a recent change in law allowing the merchant to pass along the processing fees. I am not sure how the law works but think the establishment must post. You would need to ask your processor.
Best of luck to you! Cheers!.
Copperhead said:
For processing, reg. processors vs Square would depend on the ave amount you process monthly to determine which will be better for you.
Is there a hard number that you can not exceed?
25k in one transaction
gillumhouse said:
25k in one transaction
On one transaction or in one month? I thought it was one month.
When I was doing the research om Sq I talked to a real person. I asked about the transaction limits and she said there is no problem until it get to be about $25k in a transaction. She said that amount was getting into dicey territory.

For processing, reg. processors vs Square would depend on the ave amount you process monthly to determine which will be better for you. Since the business has always been cash, it will take time before people get accustomed to paying by CC.
Some businesses around here charge a fee for using a CC. They have a sign that says they prefer cash but for a convenience fee of 3% we will accept ..............
This is a recent change in law allowing the merchant to pass along the processing fees. I am not sure how the law works but think the establishment must post. You would need to ask your processor.
Copperhead said:
For processing, reg. processors vs Square would depend on the ave amount you process monthly to determine which will be better for you.
25k in one transaction
gillumhouse said:
25k in one transaction
When I was doing the research om Sq I talked to a real person. I asked about the transaction limits and she said there is no problem until it get to be about $25k in a transaction. She said that amount was getting into dicey territory.
gillumhouse said:
The reason we never bothered to even consider this was I thought it was $25k/month.

Copperhead said:
25k in one transaction
gillumhouse said:
25k in one transaction
gillumhouse said:
The reason we never bothered to even consider this was I thought it was $25k/month.
Here is the link to the most current User Agreement - June 2013.
https://squareup.com/legal/ua

Here's the link to the $25K single-transaction limit: https://squareup.com/help/en-us/article/5079-accept-payment-cards-safely#high_value_transactions
As of November 2013, Square has done away with their limits and holds on deposits, so have at it! https://squareup.com/news/releases/2013/square-obliterates-deposit-limits

Back