Valentine's Weekend was MESSY!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! Chocolate is a tough one to get out. We offer a cheese fondue add-on and we've been asked if we would do a chocolate fondue. The answer is NO!!! I can't imagine what the room would look like after that.
How dense do you have to be to not have the curtain inside the tub. Sheesh! Glad it wasn't a major plumbing problem..
We had a fondue maker here "for something different." Unfortunately, each time we tried to heat cheese, IT BURNT! We tried to adjust the flame, but it STILL burned!
What I do is to heat the cheese in a non-stick pan on the stove top first. When it's nice and melty, then transfer it to the fondue pot over the sterno. It gets the cheese melted much faster and smoother.
The directions told to use some type of alcoholic fuel. Mineral spirits? Maybe I should have used a tea light or sterno. Never used sterno before.
Thanks!
Does the part that holds the fuel have a wick? If it doesn, then you would fill the container with 'chafing dish fuel'. It's a liquid and I bought a case by mistake (wish you were closer, it's give it to you!). If it doesn't have a wick, just buy a can of sterno in the grocery store.
YIKES, it sounds to me like mineral spirits might blow up! Don't go there!
The part that held the fuel was two piece, metal and it swiveled. It said what type of fuel to put in there, but it has been over a year and I forget the name. Have 2 cans of the MS in the garage, so that is what came to mind.
Sounds like sterno would work great with it. Try it again, it's fun!
Breakfast Diva said:
Sounds like sterno would work great with it. Try it again, it's fun!
Gave it away....

I am soooooo careful when I give guests any "treats". I would never give anything like cupcakes that are eaten with hands and crumble. I give cookies that are bite-sized and just pop into the mouth. I give bite sized chocolates. I no longer have candles in the room. I never offer flower petals on the bed. I have black washcloths in a container clearly marked "for removing makeup" so they don't get it all over the nice wash cloths. I bought them (they are actually dish cloths) at the dollar store just in case they disappear. The fancy embroidered ones that Martha Stewart uses ($12 each) would surely disappear at some point. Luckily I have glass shower doors. Can't imagine the damage without them. Even with all my precautions there are still occasional mishaps but guests are generally not nearly as hard on my house as my own kids were. Still I sometimes wonder where some of the guests come from. I had one couple this weekend that were very hard on the house. Left 2 big wine bottle stains (red wine) on the marble counter in the bathroom...but Clorox got it out.
Bye the way "RESOLVE" gets red wine stains out of just about anything, including my friend's white cashmere sweater...but that's another story. It is a miracle product and available at Lowes..
this is the thing my hubie found is Hot Shot Areasole Carpet Cleaner-just spray and soak like a spot treatment, if you can do it before you wash much better chance to get stain out, then wash it in the hottest cycle on your washing machine...we have gotten so much off that it was amazing.

Back