Vinegar for airborne smells?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My basement can smell even with a de humidifier . I like food smells over old bsmt smell, BACON cooking on low for an hour helps..
Did someone say Bacon!!!
teeth_smile.gif

The cider or apples with cinnamon or put some vanilla in a small bowl. Vanilla absorbs odors and gives off a nice aroma.
Per my daughter: Nothing is worse than an apartment in August with windows closed with a body that has been there for a week. They light a cigar and brew a pot of coffee to make it so they can do the investigation and wait for the wagon. Just sayin'.
Well that would be one time I would prefer a nasty cigar smell!

Shelley uses one of those essential oils emulsifiers (I think that is the correct term) in our hallway. It always smells great up there, keeps the air fresh and clean.

We have had almost 6 inches of rain. Unfortunately, while it is still wet I don't think there is anything you can really do except try running some fans to help dry out the floor a bit.
I would boil some mulling spices rather than vinegar :) Or how about baking something chocolate..that's a good cover up aroma :).
Spices. Good idea. The basement never really dries out as we're on a huge hunk of granite here and the floor is dirt. Water just seeps in. The sump pump could not keep up.
I learn new things all the time. Don't think I could have ever thought that someone would have a basement that wasn't concrete. I'm constantly surprised by how they build... in spite of the weather.
1888. Some of it is finished - the part where the washer and dryer are. One furnace is on the cement, the other is not. The coal is still rattling around near the old coal chute. I store nothing down there I ever want to take with me.
Sounds just like ours built in 1887. Washer and dryer in a finished part. Furnace and water heater on cement. A huge granite mountain that the house was built on, low ceilings and dirt floor otherwise.... and when it floods, we have a river that runs under another part that has a raised floor!
Dehumidifier is a must.

We have a 121 year old house. On the coast with moisture all year 'round. Add the big whirlpool tubs that add even more moisture, oh and the house is built on who knows what (not a slab). I started using an electric wax warmer and found that if I use food scents, the guests love it and think it's coming from the kitchen. The favorite right now is pumpkin spice. Most everyone I check in comments about how wonderful it smells here. You have to be careful about those things though because they can be overwhelmingly strong. I cut the little square in half.

Back