We got a wedding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We don't do weddings. We don't take bridal parties. We don't take brides. The terms are such that most won't commit to them.
We got a wedding party. They all booked online overnight. 6 rooms.
They're so happy! They'll be contacting me to work out the details! What fun!

maybe it will be fine ... maybe it will be fun. (you can hope) I had some groups that were awesome. They were all on the same schedule ... no complaints of other guests being noisy as they were all friends.
You have two more rooms, right? I think I'd block them off and only rent them to other folks in this group.

maybe it will be fine ... maybe it will be fun. (you can hope) I had some groups that were awesome. They were all on the same schedule ... no complaints of other guests being noisy as they were all friends.
You have two more rooms, right? I think I'd block them off and only rent them to other folks in this group..
So they can book online I'm leaving them open for now. It's aways off. We already had a booking for that time and I'm not allowing one nighters.
I already mentioned to Gomez that it's 2 nights for all as he was all for letting them split up and take one night for some.

Stick to your policies. We have not done weddings ourselves, but weddings have taken place at our inn in the past with no horror involved. We did one bachelorette party for a weekend and put pictures up on Facebook so their friends to see... I think we have had five so far now. They call them "Last Sail Before Veil". We let them know right away that this is not a place for loud parties when they call to see about staying. No problems so far. Wedding guests stay here all the time. We spend our evening snapping pictures for them in their evening gowns and suits. Some end up on our Facebook. Others have popped on Instragram since they tagged our name on their pictures. Our worst experience was when one of the guest gift bags was left here with a name we didn't have in the guest register!

Stick to your policies. We have not done weddings ourselves, but weddings have taken place at our inn in the past with no horror involved. We did one bachelorette party for a weekend and put pictures up on Facebook so their friends to see... I think we have had five so far now. They call them "Last Sail Before Veil". We let them know right away that this is not a place for loud parties when they call to see about staying. No problems so far. Wedding guests stay here all the time. We spend our evening snapping pictures for them in their evening gowns and suits. Some end up on our Facebook. Others have popped on Instragram since they tagged our name on their pictures. Our worst experience was when one of the guest gift bags was left here with a name we didn't have in the guest register!.
Sounds like you've had a good bunch!
We've dealt with some rude guests and the last bride who stayed, the one who created the 'no bride' policy, had 17 people in her room.
They started arriving at 7am. Of course, they are wide awake and so should everyone else be!
We'll see how this works out.
We originally added full length mirrors because of one bride, so some good has come from them.

Stick to your policies. We have not done weddings ourselves, but weddings have taken place at our inn in the past with no horror involved. We did one bachelorette party for a weekend and put pictures up on Facebook so their friends to see... I think we have had five so far now. They call them "Last Sail Before Veil". We let them know right away that this is not a place for loud parties when they call to see about staying. No problems so far. Wedding guests stay here all the time. We spend our evening snapping pictures for them in their evening gowns and suits. Some end up on our Facebook. Others have popped on Instragram since they tagged our name on their pictures. Our worst experience was when one of the guest gift bags was left here with a name we didn't have in the guest register!.
We've dealt with some rude guests and the last bride who stayed, the one who created the 'no bride' policy, had 17 people in her room.
They started arriving at 7am. Of course, they are wide awake and so should everyone else be!
We originally added full length mirrors because of one bride, so some good has come from them.
We turned a couple of brides away too... ask for wedding sites and Facebook pages, etc. Mostly its the friends reserving here not the bride so they keep the bride in check.
In the wedding days, Grandpa ran it and he was over six feet

I don't do weddings, either... A local couple found out that weddings are not officiated at the courthouse anymore, and asked if they could repeat their vows here if they rented a room for the night. They said they couldn't afford another venue. Sooo, actually everything turned out just fine, 10 people in total, their own officiant, here for about 45 minutes, and they cleaned up after themselves. She spread artificial rose petals in the room, and they were all collected in the morning before they checked out. It turned out better than I thought it would. (this past weekend)

I don't do weddings, either... A local couple found out that weddings are not officiated at the courthouse anymore, and asked if they could repeat their vows here if they rented a room for the night. They said they couldn't afford another venue. Sooo, actually everything turned out just fine, 10 people in total, their own officiant, here for about 45 minutes, and they cleaned up after themselves. She spread artificial rose petals in the room, and they were all collected in the morning before they checked out. It turned out better than I thought it would. (this past weekend)
Innkeep said:
This is our specialty at our place. Simple, quick, small and very little impact on us. We charge for this and we are the officiants. They can do very simple like what you described or a little more special with our all inclusive which includes cake, champagne, etc. Keeping it small and controlling how many guests are on your property is the key. It has become a very lucrative part of our business for the last 2 years.

Innkeep said:
i love that Innkeep! Chock another one to your list of ongoing treasures.

A free wedding planning finding service, helping you locate the best venue for your important event in the UK.Have a look on some of featured venues.

OK, I am now getting calls that 'something has come up' and I need to cancel. The bridesmaids are cancelling? I'm going to have to get in touch with the organizer to let her know we cannot do the special breakfast if she does not take all the rooms.

OK, I am now getting calls that 'something has come up' and I need to cancel. The bridesmaids are cancelling? I'm going to have to get in touch with the organizer to let her know we cannot do the special breakfast if she does not take all the rooms..
uh-oh.

OK, I am now getting calls that 'something has come up' and I need to cancel. The bridesmaids are cancelling? I'm going to have to get in touch with the organizer to let her know we cannot do the special breakfast if she does not take all the rooms..
They don't want to spend the money to stay there when they can stay elsewhere for cheaper, but my thoughts are they will be there for the special breakfast, etc…...

They don't want to spend the money to stay there when they can stay elsewhere for cheaper, but my thoughts are they will be there for the special breakfast, etc…...
No. We don't serve breakfast to non guests.

I had a whole house 2-night wedding booking last weekend, a mix of couples and singles, all just under age 30, from New York City and New Jersey, in town for the wedding of a girl from here who attended some art college in NYC. I met them all and they all seemed mature. You could spot them instantly in a crowd here. Their hair, their clothes, and the way they stood and walked said class.
I was a bit worried as we entered the 5 units for cleanup yesterday, but all was perfect. They moved a couple of dining room chairs from one unit to another, but other than that, they left the place in better shape than most guests do. Good luck with yours!

Morticia said:
You know that....and I know that....but do the cheap-o bridesmaids know that?

Id be VERY clear with the bride rules and regs say resident guests only

Id be VERY clear with the bride rules and regs say resident guests only
Registered Guests Only: Due to the intimacy of the inn and overall security, Registered Guests only are allowed in our home unless prior permission has been obtained.
This statement appears multiple times on everyone's Confirmation Letter, Pre-Arrival Email, Booking Policies, and on our Policy page of our website.

Back