We took the leap...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dum de dum (this is a drum roll) nice one and good luck!.
Ha, thanks for appreciating my sense of humor :)
sachi3679 said:
We are excited for you!
cleaning up aside, do you have your marketing plan in mind, facebook, website etc? When you get it together and are ready to share, pls let us know, we are happy to Like and Share your place online!
Don't be shy, this is an important step and we are here to help.We're all in this together...welcome to the "perspiring innkeeper side" we look forward to your guest stories!
Joey Bloggs said:
sachi3679 said:
We are excited for you!
cleaning up aside, do you have your marketing plan in mind, facebook, website etc? When you get it together and are ready to share, pls let us know, we are happy to Like and Share your place online!
Don't be shy, this is an important step and we are here to help.We're all in this together...welcome to the "perspiring innkeeper side" we look forward to your guest stories!
So much to learn! It never occurred to me to ask you all to 'like' and share my Facebook page. How do you do it when everyone wants to stay anonymous? Sachi, forgive the hijack!
Good question. I just got our FB page going and would love to give and get a few "likes" from fellow innkeepers. Can we do this using messages? I am not a sleuth, so although many of you may have figured out who I am, I can't say the same for all of you.
Silverspoon said:
...would love to give and get a few "likes" from fellow innkeepers.
I just gave you your 41st Like. I guess it's as "me". Don't know how to like you as my inn's FB page!

sachi3679 said:
We are excited for you!
Yes, we are going to get a blog going with renovations and a website up as soon as we can manage. We closed two weeks ago and my husband and I went to see it him last weekend to figure out what needs to be done. Not shy, just a bit overwhelmed at this point, but so excited!
Thanks for the kind words
As well if you have the web site up you can have a page for people to subscribe to your mailing list - means people are keen to come as soon as you are open, we use mail chimp and they give you code for your web site so people just need to fill in their name and email to be put onto your list - we get people who havn't even stayed signing up so they are kept informed of events and special offers as soon as we send them out.

sachi3679 said:
We are excited for you!
Joey Bloggs said:
sachi3679 said:
We are excited for you!
So much to learn! It never occurred to me to ask you all to 'like' and share my Facebook page. How do you do it when everyone wants to stay anonymous? Sachi, forgive the hijack!
Good question. I just got our FB page going and would love to give and get a few "likes" from fellow innkeepers. Can we do this using messages? I am not a sleuth, so although many of you may have figured out who I am, I can't say the same for all of you.
Silverspoon said:
Yes you can. I will send you a quick note...hold on a sec...
Joey Bloggs said:
Silverspoon said:
Yes you can. I will send you a quick note...hold on a sec...
me too. me too!

There is an innkeeper from the same town on this forum. FYI. Not super active, but here on and off. Many on this forum are friends with this inn. Name starts with a FLOWER.

Arks said:
Silverspoon said:
I just gave you your 41st Like. I guess it's as "me". Don't know how to like you as my inn's FB page!
Hijacking sachi3679's thread a little further, let me mention that on my own inn FB page, Likes were very slow to come after I set it up so I clicked one of those "boost this page's activity" ads FB offers and, over a few days, with a daily budget of $5, I saw my FB likes go from 23 to about 150. I targeted the ads to people over age 30, within 100 miles of me, and picked a few other target options they offered to try to have the ads show only to people more likely to come to my guesthouse.
I mainly did it to just get a decent looking number of Likes so I wouldn't look pitiful, and it worked and was cheap and easy.

Congratulations! You must be so excited!!!! What repairs do you have to do?
What area of the country? Was it a working B&B when you bought it? You say "former."
Are there other B&Bs in the area?.
Mostly the main house need a new roof and downspouts but the big thing is going to be the electric as it is kind of all over the place. The house is from the 30's and I think every owner tried to add something new in the way of electric.
There are other B&B's. We are just outside the B&B capital of the world (Asheville NC) but there are only a couple others in the little town we are in. It is not currently working - has been in foreclosure and largely vacant for a little over a year. And there are several really nasty reviews online from when it was operational in regard to dirt and poor upkeep. Needless to say, we are changing the name =) The property is gorgeous, though and so is the structure of the house, it just needs a lot of cleaning and painting and something done about all the 70's tile in the bathroom. Salmon pink is so not it.
(If you are curious, this is the TA page for the old B&B: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49648-d80690-Reviews-Mountain_Creek_Bed_and_Breakfast-Waynesville_North_Carolina.html)
Also, sorry if that link is wrong. In spite of being a child of the 90's, the last time I had a website, it involved the words geo and cities.
Nice area. We looked there a loooooonnnnng time ago. Think I do know the property though. I know several of the nearby innkeepers.

Arks said:
Silverspoon said:
Hijacking sachi3679's thread a little further, let me mention that on my own inn FB page, Likes were very slow to come after I set it up so I clicked one of those "boost this page's activity" ads FB offers and, over a few days, with a daily budget of $5, I saw my FB likes go from 23 to about 150. I targeted the ads to people over age 30, within 100 miles of me, and picked a few other target options they offered to try to have the ads show only to people more likely to come to my guesthouse.
I mainly did it to just get a decent looking number of Likes so I wouldn't look pitiful, and it worked and was cheap and easy..
Thanks Arks, I liked you back...also as me. And put you on my timeline so other folks I know who might be going your way will see you. Lots of snowbirds up this way take their time going south and meander along the way. I thought some might like to meander over to your lovely place!

There is an innkeeper from the same town on this forum. FYI. Not super active, but here on and off. Many on this forum are friends with this inn. Name starts with a FLOWER..
I just saw this JB...do you mean the same town as me? Really? I have a hard time believing that and have no idea who it might be. Give me a better hint?

There is an innkeeper from the same town on this forum. FYI. Not super active, but here on and off. Many on this forum are friends with this inn. Name starts with a FLOWER..
I just saw this JB...do you mean the same town as me? Really? I have a hard time believing that and have no idea who it might be. Give me a better hint?
Silverspoon said:
No, as Sachi

Congratulations! You must be so excited!!!! What repairs do you have to do?
What area of the country? Was it a working B&B when you bought it? You say "former."
Are there other B&Bs in the area?.
Mostly the main house need a new roof and downspouts but the big thing is going to be the electric as it is kind of all over the place. The house is from the 30's and I think every owner tried to add something new in the way of electric.
There are other B&B's. We are just outside the B&B capital of the world (Asheville NC) but there are only a couple others in the little town we are in. It is not currently working - has been in foreclosure and largely vacant for a little over a year. And there are several really nasty reviews online from when it was operational in regard to dirt and poor upkeep. Needless to say, we are changing the name =) The property is gorgeous, though and so is the structure of the house, it just needs a lot of cleaning and painting and something done about all the 70's tile in the bathroom. Salmon pink is so not it.
(If you are curious, this is the TA page for the old B&B: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49648-d80690-Reviews-Mountain_Creek_Bed_and_Breakfast-Waynesville_North_Carolina.html)
Also, sorry if that link is wrong. In spite of being a child of the 90's, the last time I had a website, it involved the words geo and cities.
Nice area. We looked there a loooooonnnnng time ago. Think I do know the property though. I know several of the nearby innkeepers.
It is a great area. It was the original area we wanted but had pretty much given up on due to our budget and then this one popped up. The house is apparently pretty famous in the area. Nearly everyone we talked to in town about knew it and were excited to see it reopen. We won't actually be moving there until June but we will definitely want to get in contact with some of the other inns in town.

Hmm...I think I found it. Looks like a beautiful inn if that is it.

Silverspoon said:
Nope I mean in the NC mountains...

I'm late to this party, but I wanted to congratulate you! It's such an exciting time for you. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories!

Back