Welcome flyer or instructions?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a marketing seminar a few months ago and the speaker was giving ideas to keep your guests hooked on you.
His main suggestion was to have a special, hidden page on your website that was only accessible if known about. For example: www.yourinn. com/ guestactivities
You tell them about it when they check in, put the link on their confirmation email, post it on a note in their room, whatever. It's THE page where they can go to on their smartphone or tablet (that you know they are traveling with anyway) where you keep local events, happenings, links to restaurants, anything and everything that you would want them to know about. It doesn't have to take the place of a room binder, but it could. Imagine simply going to your website to update a restaurant that has gone out of biz instead of having to change every stinkin room binder. Imagine simply adding a couple of festival dates to your that hidden page instead of printing out each week a page to hang on your cork board.
The kicker is that THEY now have that site and they can keep checking it even after they've left for things that are coming up in YOUR area and it makes them feel like part of a special club.
But it's hidden until you tell them how to get to it.
Personally, I think that for those who have internet access readily accessible in their inns and surrounding areas it's a fantastic idea! They are literally taking you with them where they go and using your site as a way to see your area PLUS you are building a sense of trust and relationship, albeit electronically, with them.
And it might just be less work for you!.
Say this today shared from an innmate from someone in her area.

I was at a marketing seminar a few months ago and the speaker was giving ideas to keep your guests hooked on you.
His main suggestion was to have a special, hidden page on your website that was only accessible if known about. For example: www.yourinn. com/ guestactivities
You tell them about it when they check in, put the link on their confirmation email, post it on a note in their room, whatever. It's THE page where they can go to on their smartphone or tablet (that you know they are traveling with anyway) where you keep local events, happenings, links to restaurants, anything and everything that you would want them to know about. It doesn't have to take the place of a room binder, but it could. Imagine simply going to your website to update a restaurant that has gone out of biz instead of having to change every stinkin room binder. Imagine simply adding a couple of festival dates to your that hidden page instead of printing out each week a page to hang on your cork board.
The kicker is that THEY now have that site and they can keep checking it even after they've left for things that are coming up in YOUR area and it makes them feel like part of a special club.
Personally, I think that for those who have internet access readily accessible in their inns and surrounding areas it's a fantastic idea! They are literally taking you with them where they go and using your site as a way to see your area PLUS you are building a sense of trust and relationship, albeit electronically, with them.
Joey Bloggs said:
See- that could be something on your hidden page!
That's great!

Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Not sure why you want it hidden? I have a scavenger hunt here in person, and no one cares about it really. It is really fun too. On a road trip bring it along and you can find things found locally here for the most part, fields of tobacco, man in a John Deere ball cap...etc.
If it is online then google will crawl it and use it, and then it will come up in searches.

Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Not sure why you want it hidden? I have a scavenger hunt here in person, and no one cares about it really. It is really fun too. On a road trip bring it along and you can find things found locally here for the most part, fields of tobacco, man in a John Deere ball cap...etc.
If it is online then google will crawl it and use it, and then it will come up in searches.
"Hidden" as in "can't navigate to it from any other page on your website"
Just as people who aren't in your rooms can't get to your room binders, people who don't know about this page can't find it without you telling them about it.

Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That's great!
Just as people who aren't in your rooms can't get to your room binders, people who don't know about this page can't find it without you telling them about it.
Penelope said:
I understand.

That's a great suggestion Penelope! The folks I want to hide it from are the other lodging places to tend to copy my stuff. I have turn by turn itineraries for our area, day trips both north and south of us. This would work well for that.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Back