Welcome pack for guests (Feedback needed)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Slumber Fox. Didn't realize a post on guest packs would turn into a hornet's nest!.
Arks said:
Poor Slumber Fox. Didn't realize a post on guest packs would turn into a hornet's nest!
Since 1/19/15 it seems that everything does. Funny coincidence, don't you think?
thumbs_up.gif

Ditto.

Noticing the occasional person who the same day they join, have a business idea. I believe this kind of thing should go through the forum as an advertiser? I notice it is ad supported..
undersea said:
Noticing the occasional person who the same day they join, have a business idea. I believe this kind of thing should go through the forum as an advertiser? I notice it is ad supported.
A bit aggressive to the guy Undersea, people who have a business idea are doing it because they see a need and want to help their customers (us). Business isn't a bad thing.
And paying to advertise a non existent product idea? What are you thinking?
I have been on numerous forums over 20 years, Evan. Responses to someone who is seeking free publicity constantly follows my line. Forums exist on paid advertising, and there is a constant flow of people seeking to get puclicity for free. It is not much different for bandit signs that people put up on phone poles (we buy homes!), trying to fly under the radar.
And as said, perhaps if the person had participated for some time, but it was the standard many marketers do - get an ID, and get their potential offerings in front of others.
undersea said:
I have been on numerous forums over 20 years, Evan. Responses to someone who is seeking free publicity constantly follows my line. Forums exist on paid advertising, and there is a constant flow of people seeking to get puclicity for free. It is not much different for bandit signs that people put up on phone poles (we buy homes!), trying to fly under the radar.
And as said, perhaps if the person had participated for some time, but it was the standard many marketers do - get an ID, and get their potential offerings in front of others.
Yes this sort of thing happens here every week, many use their signature line as their link dropping, but really the person has nothing to peddle, that we know of, yet and nothing to contribute. So I think it is okay if they ask our opinion and we all say not a great idea.
On the other hand, many are fishing and then they do have something to peddle, we get those as well. Some use what we share here for books and columns and more. I prefer people to be upfront and honest, but that is just me, too many are underhanded and not good people in this world.
I was surprised Evan was responding, because I believe that is essentially what he did. He created an ID, and started digging for feedback on his template, which I am sure was not free.
There is seeking input for business ideas, but when websites are included, seeking "feedback" about a particular product/service, and there has been no mid to longterm participation by that person, I prefer the "if it smells fishy, it just may be." Advertorials are advertorials.
undersea said:
I was surprised Evan was responding, because I believe that is essentially what he did. He created an ID, and started digging for feedback on his template, which I am sure was not free.
There is seeking input for business ideas, but when websites are included, seeking "feedback" about a particular product/service, and there has been no mid to longterm participation by that person, I prefer the "if it smells fishy, it just may be." Advertorials are advertorials.
I think we all called him on it at first too. Mainly because the name was similar to another we were familiar with but a few letters changed. That is the same however, he was here to show his design to his market, and get some feedback, maybe, I don't think he will deny that.
Joey Bloggs said:
undersea said:
I think we all called him on it at first too. Mainly because the name was similar to another we were familiar with but a few letters changed. That is the same however, he was here to show his design to his market, and get some feedback, maybe, I don't think he will deny that.
Yes, Undersea was particularly vocal on my post for the feedback of the website template, thanks Undersea. And Undersea is correct that the website wont be free (when its ready). Undersea also quotes my name (which is real btw) What's your name Undersea?
I don't want to come over defensive but I can't let things slide when people attack
Actually apart from Undersea you guys seem pretty friendly around here, I try to help here and there where I know certain things but its mostly in technical things like websites, website conversions and booking engines and stuff.
I set up my name on purpose so you know who I am and what my business is, so there's no misconception of underhandedness, personally someone bringing a product to market that helps another business is a good thing.
Thanks for all that critical feedback everyone on the website template, it really helped me shape a better version.
The similar name thing you mentioned Joey, I know what you mean. Luckily they changed their name now so there no more confusion, I actually wanted bookit dot com but that's obviously been taken so I had to get a bit creative. I still have time to change the name as my products are not ready yet, also I found many people thinking its pronounced bucket or bewkit....
PLEASE change the name. For some grammatical reason only the nuns can explain I find your name awfully grating. (As I found the other name that went unmentioned.)
My 2 cents.
Morticia said:
PLEASE change the name. For some grammatical reason only the nuns can explain I find your name awfully grating. (As I found the other name that went unmentioned.)
My 2 cents.
Thanks Morticia, I have now changed the name... i had weeks of doubts in the back of my head but until you said that I didnt do anything about it. Thx

Noticing the occasional person who the same day they join, have a business idea. I believe this kind of thing should go through the forum as an advertiser? I notice it is ad supported..
undersea said:
Noticing the occasional person who the same day they join, have a business idea. I believe this kind of thing should go through the forum as an advertiser? I notice it is ad supported.
A bit aggressive to the guy Undersea, people who have a business idea are doing it because they see a need and want to help their customers (us). Business isn't a bad thing.
undersea said:
Yes this sort of thing happens here every week, many use their signature line as their link dropping, but really the person has nothing to peddle, that we know of, yet and nothing to contribute. So I think it is okay if they ask our opinion and we all say not a great idea.
On the other hand, many are fishing and then they do have something to peddle, we get those as well. Some use what we share here for books and columns and more. I prefer people to be upfront and honest, but that is just me, too many are underhanded and not good people in this world.
undersea said:
Joey Bloggs said:
undersea said:
Yes, Undersea was particularly vocal on my post for the feedback of the website template, thanks Undersea. And Undersea is correct that the website wont be free (when its ready). Undersea also quotes my name (which is real btw) What's your name Undersea?
I don't want to come over defensive but I can't let things slide when people attack
Actually apart from Undersea you guys seem pretty friendly around here, I try to help here and there where I know certain things but its mostly in technical things like websites, website conversions and booking engines and stuff.
I set up my name on purpose so you know who I am and what my business is, so there's no misconception of underhandedness, personally someone bringing a product to market that helps another business is a good thing.
Thanks for all that critical feedback everyone on the website template, it really helped me shape a better version.
The similar name thing you mentioned Joey, I know what you mean. Luckily they changed their name now so there no more confusion, I actually wanted bookit dot com but that's obviously been taken so I had to get a bit creative. I still have time to change the name as my products are not ready yet, also I found many people thinking its pronounced bucket or bewkit....
My 2 cents.
Morticia said:
My 2 cents.
Thanks Morticia, I have now changed the name... i had weeks of doubts in the back of my head but until you said that I didnt do anything about it. Thx
Evan from Buuqit said:
Morticia said:
My 2 cents.
If only Gomez would listen like that! ;-)

undersea said:
Vendors and 'pre - vendors' have always been welcome here as long as they follow the rules. This forum is ME supported and ads help offset that. It is up to me to decide when the line has been crossed and they need to advertise. Slumber Fox is in good standing at this point and is completely welcome to do market research.

undersea said:
undersea said:
undersea said:
You are welcome to flag any spam content you see. Hit the flag button below the post and explain why you think it's spam. The forum owner (swirt) will review your complaint and take appropriate action.
He's the final arbiter.
He will let posts stand if he believes no harm, no foul.
Hmm - had not noticed the "flag as offensive" link until now...
undersea said:
Hmm - had not noticed the "flag as offensive" link until now...
When used appropriately it is a good thing. Misused, all it does is get my attention ... in a bad way.

Slumberfox I was thinking about this today... I hope you check back here.
I thought about an airBnB stay and what i would like or what a visitor would like. Local would be #1, but doing that as a provider such as yourself would be way too intensive. Not all airBnB's are couch surfing, or one night stays, that is a misconception.
So for me, I would work at corporate. For this I would try to get on every airBnB listing as an ADD ON EXPERIENCE.
So from there I would think what would someone like to add on that the host does not purchase, as you asked us as a host, and I think the question is to ask the guest...
From a generic sense, whatever you can have next day or 2nd day delivered to the airBnB address. To me I can see that as Flowers, Wine, Chocolates, gourmet items.
There are a few really great online companies - reliable to use for this. Proflowers being the top and best price (if you added on a courtesy fee or whatever you wanted to call it and you can add on chocolates or berries etc)
Here is a link as an example, the more you offer the less it would work, so it would have to be kept to a minimum as simple as possible. Now why would they need you when they can do this on their own with amazon? That is where you would need to work out those fine details...

Slumberfox I was thinking about this today... I hope you check back here.
I thought about an airBnB stay and what i would like or what a visitor would like. Local would be #1, but doing that as a provider such as yourself would be way too intensive. Not all airBnB's are couch surfing, or one night stays, that is a misconception.
So for me, I would work at corporate. For this I would try to get on every airBnB listing as an ADD ON EXPERIENCE.
So from there I would think what would someone like to add on that the host does not purchase, as you asked us as a host, and I think the question is to ask the guest...
From a generic sense, whatever you can have next day or 2nd day delivered to the airBnB address. To me I can see that as Flowers, Wine, Chocolates, gourmet items.
There are a few really great online companies - reliable to use for this. Proflowers being the top and best price (if you added on a courtesy fee or whatever you wanted to call it and you can add on chocolates or berries etc)
Here is a link as an example, the more you offer the less it would work, so it would have to be kept to a minimum as simple as possible. Now why would they need you when they can do this on their own with amazon? That is where you would need to work out those fine details....
Really glad I checked back here today! Seriously good advice and you've given me a lot to think about now for sure.
Thank you so much for your input Joey! :)

Back