We've been solicited by A famous TV show that fixes hotels....you know the one!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the good advice.
In the olden days, I studied to be an actor. I ALWAYS wanted to be on TV. So even when I know it's a bad idea logically, my former self sees the opportunity I missed.
We will not be responding. I guess it would disrupt operations to a place where we really WOULD bicker. And wouldn't that be fun to show to the world? (not)

In the olden days, I studied to be an actor. I ALWAYS wanted to be on TV. So even when I know it's a bad idea logically, my former self sees the opportunity I missed.
We will not be responding. I guess it would disrupt operations to a place where we really WOULD bicker. And wouldn't that be fun to show to the world? (not).
In the meantime, don't be insulted to be asked. These shows are cold calling a lot of B&Bs - telephone and email - and they have no idea what you are or what you have when they call you. I was called by the GR production who require a restaurant and/or a commercial kitchen, and we have neither. Your location fit their production schedule, and at least they found you!

We will not be responding. I guess it would disrupt operations to a place where we really WOULD bicker. And wouldn't that be fun to show to the world? (not).
TheBeachHouse said:
We will not be responding. I guess it would disrupt operations to a place where we really WOULD bicker. And wouldn't that be fun to show to the world? (not)
Back to me, the scorned one. Hey Beachie it is not too late, you can do a segment at your inn. You can produce it yourself or have local tv come out. See what cooking shows are on and contact them or whatever is your interest. They always need more local stuff to add into the mix.
thumbs_up.gif
A really nicely made video of your place with voice over or yourself walking through and showing the town would be awesome! The world is your oyster. :)

TheBeachHouse said:
Back to me, the scorned one. Hey Beachie it is not too late, you can do a segment at your inn. You can produce it yourself or have local tv come out. See what cooking shows are on and contact them or whatever is your interest. They always need more local stuff to add into the mix.
thumbs_up.gif
A really nicely made video of your place with voice over or yourself walking through and showing the town would be awesome! The world is your oyster. :)
Joey Bloggs said:
TheBeachHouse said:
thumbs_up.gif
Agree. I did send press releases and feature ideas to the local 'magazine' shows. Will do it again.

We just got that same e-mail from the casting director.... They must really be scrounging!

I watch "Hotel Impossible" and while they do remake the hotel (decor, marketing direction, booking systems, etc.) they do uncover ALL of the bad things about the hotel which typically centers on the owners/management. If your hotel is in desperate straights it maybe a good idea. After all free renovations and untold millions of eyeballs on the television couldn't hurt bookings when all is said and done.

Back