What CAN he eat?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so they said, NOTING made with oil, Nothing that came from an animal...
Last night when they returned they both went and got large handful of cookies...
GUESS WHAT??? Both eggs and Oil in them!!!
People are just dumb!.
Take it from somebody who has been vegan for 20+ years-most vegetarian and vegans take that term loosely. Righty after they describe themselves as one they usually mention that they do not eat fish or chicken that often(!!!). It became the fashion just like gluten free. Being vegan is a chosen life style not just what one eats.

Last night when they returned they both went and got large handful of cookies...
People are just dumb!.
That's usually what happens. Most people don't even know what a true vegan is. Give him whatever you want and if he complains slap him upside the head...NOT :)

People are just dumb!.
Sunshine said:
People are just dumb!
So now you see why we are not all that 'compliant' with guest requests unless it is an allergy. And also why Sugar Bear gets in their faces about it.
We had one today who waved off the starter because no sweets. Her DH wanted egg whites only. So, I explained that tomorrow is a sweet day here but we would make her eggs. No, they're not eating here tomorrow. Which I would have found out when?
This is after spending time discussing food at check in. NO mention of sweets. NO mention of eggs. PEOPLE! I cannot cook you something different on 2 minutes' notice. NOT a restaurant.

is this your first time encountering this? i am surprised as we have talked about guest food demands ad...infinitum...:)
search here under vegan, i think you will find some ideas. it really isnt that hard. But just ask..what do you want to eat..
EmptyNest said:
is this your first time encountering this? i am surprised as we have talked about guest food demands ad...infinitum...:)
search here under vegan, i think you will find some ideas. it really isnt that hard. But just ask..what do you want to eat.
Yep, first time someone was so 'definite' about it. I've had others say they 'try' to 'avoid' but 'what you're serving is ok'.

People are just dumb!.
Im sorry but when he went for them I would have said "oh Im so sorry you can't have those they have eggs and oil in them its such a shame"

People are just dumb!.
Im sorry but when he went for them I would have said "oh Im so sorry you can't have those they have eggs and oil in them its such a shame"
That is EXACTLY what I would have done. No treats for you...

Back